Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,528   Posts: 1,572,408   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ann - thanks for the link, but the Shutterbug article doesn't mention the management buyout, which (I assume) was mentioned today (or more recently) in the UK press.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sent an Email of congratuations, encouragement and thanks to the new management and all the employees at the new Ilford Photo.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a news article on this:

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/bu...hoto_firm.html

"OVER three hundred jobs were saved today when historic Cheshire photographic products company Ilford was bought by its bosses."

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is really good news.! Now we need to explain to them how important 25 speed film is. Maybe they will pick up where Agfa left off. ( just wishfull thinking)
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is excellent news, great stuff!

It's quite good to hear that. Thanks Mc Lean.
    sergio caetano

Shooter
    Multi Format

A positive development - but not the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    It's just been announced that the Management Buyout has been successful and that Ilford will hold a press conference on Monday 28th Feb at Focus, the annual UK Photo Show. The new name of the company will be Ilford Photo.
    Les - thanks for the post, but the link you posted does not appear to address a management buyout.

The information in the article is, generally, positive but all it really states is that production is continuing at Ilford while an accounting firm has taken over administration. I don't think there is any mention of long-term equity holders.

Re-naming the company is a matter of satellite significance - what we really need to know is who actually owns the company and assumes liability for ensuring its obligations are being met.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whoops - sorry Les, didn't realize it was Ann who posted the article. My apologies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having read the Manchester article it's clear the management team has bought the operations.

Still, I really don't like sound of the lease-back arrangement. Admittedly, I don't know the terms but taking a page from the airline industry (where planes get sold by the airlines to groups like GE Capital and then leased back, etc.) it usually suggests the leasee lacks liquidity.

Regardless, it looks like Ilford will be around for at least a little while yet.

Now if we could only do something about Forte...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin