Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,495   Online: 1076

Thread: Otho Look...

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ortho Look...

Okay, I've been doing some thinking. Speaking in terms of portraiture and the look of older, 1930's era photos. Would using a deep blue filter on a lens yield the same results? Just like an orthochromatic film I would suspect that it would obviously make and blemishes, blush and redish makeup as well as freckles stand out. What makeup would be good to counter this? Just a lighter base or as silly as this sounds- is there such thing as a makeup with a faint bluish tint to it, enough to render the skin an even, light tone?
    Last edited by Scuffy; 02-22-2005 at 10:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think you used to be able to buy orthochromatic makeup, but that was for use with orthochromatic film I guess...
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A blue-green filter would do (Cyan me thinks)
    Since red is blocked, it should give you something really close to a Ortho look.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi there

you might try a "blue-green" ( minus red ) wratten 44a filter to get the ortho look ( or try ekfe panorthochromatic film )

- -john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin