Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,610   Online: 932

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    As long as we are strolling down memory lane, remember when Freestyle store brand film was made by Ilford and was really FP4 and HP5? THOSE were the good old days of bulk loading! For a while later they had Delta 100 and 400 for discount prices under store brand too. I have an old roll of that (poorly stored and defunct now, I actually got out of photography for more than a decade and forgot about it.)
    I was enjoying their Arista Premium at 2.69$ a roll until that went away.. Having Tri-x so cheap was incredible with my shooting habits. I just spent $439 for 100 rolls of Tri-x for an upcoming trip, when it used to be $269 for the premium!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I grew up on Tri-X and honestly the only thing keeping me from using it in now my currently multiformat life is that it's just not available in 35mm, 120 and 4x5, not to mention 5x7 eventually.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiithulhu View Post
    I grew up on Tri-X and honestly the only thing keeping me from using it in now my currently multiformat life is that it's just not available in 35mm, 120 and 4x5, not to mention 5x7 eventually.
    Well it wasn't exactly alike when you could get it in all those sizes. Tri-X has a grain peculiar to 35mm. It "fits" 35mm with its grain and sharpness.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I don't get it, why would you try to make three totally different formats look similar when they are already so different anyway?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That, sir or madam, is a deeply admirable username you've got there.

Well, it's still with us in 35mm and 120, and TXP is a likable "cousin" in 4x5. But as a preferential 5x7 shooter, yeah, I feel your pain in that respect.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    I was enjoying their Arista Premium at 2.69$ a roll until that went away.. Having Tri-x so cheap was incredible with my shooting habits. I just spent $439 for 100 rolls of Tri-x for an upcoming trip, when it used to be $269 for the premium!
    You must do a lot of shooting! I hardly do 10 rolls in 6 months.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    That's nice to hear, maybe they got wind of the other thread whingeing about price rises?

The 100' rolls are still $100, 33% more than TMY and 66% over HP5+

(meanwhile, not 5 seconds ago, an auction finished on the 'bay, a 100' roll of TXP from 1986 went for the same price as brand new HP5+. Some people sure do loves their Tri-X, new or old...)
    You guys are lucky 100 foot is closer to 100% dearer (than HP5+) here @ 110.30 GBP (HP5+ @60.20GBP)

Bulk is supposed to be cheaper as cassettes and finishing machine time cost money. If that reflected Kodaks manufacturing their tabular film bulk would be pro rata with 135... That it is not means it is eye gouging.

Not a problem for me never bought any 35mm Trix never going to.

Note

-I do use 5222 cause the GBP for 400 foot of the cine is not much more than the GBP for 100 foot of trix.
    -I did use Kchrome25 cause I liked the NG colour shots of four corners USA when it was stopped switched to Velvia.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think all film should be infrared and an infrared cut-off filter used to make it regular film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember (too) when Freestyle had Neopan 400 in their stock of house-branded film. Ah, to get Neopan for that price was great.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I still have several hundred feet of Tri-X/Arista Premium in my freezer. Will take some time to shoot them all. :-)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin