Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,013   Online: 698

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Honestly, film isn't my problem. Gas prices to go shoot it--THAT'S the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I think all film should be infrared and an infrared cut-off filter used to make it regular film.
    Leica tried that with their first digital M8. Not too many leicaphiles were happy about having to buy IR-cut filters for all of their lenses (but then again, a lot of people spend good money on removing the IR filter from their dslrs, so maybe it's not such a bad thing).
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    People buy Leica's? How many cameras do Warren Buffet and Bill Gates need? What's a digital camera? DSLR? Your profile says you're from rAdelaide. I thought that was in Australia and that they spoke English there. Sorry, no understand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    I don't get it, why would you try to make three totally different formats look similar when they are already so different anyway?
    It's the curves, not the grain Plus I only have so much time to mess around and I'm compromising on HP5+. I may go grab a couple rolls of Tri-X 35mm and some D76 for old times' sake, though!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    People buy Leica's? How many cameras do Warren Buffet and Bill Gates need? What's a digital camera? DSLR? Your profile says you're from rAdelaide. I thought that was in Australia and that they spoke English there. Sorry, no understand.
    I'm planning to get a Leica, M3 in particular with some ancient glass. It's cheaper than LF and I can take photos of moving objects

Back on topic, thanks for the tip off, I just bought some Trix in 35mm and 120 on freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmas
    I do use 5222 cause the GBP for 400 foot of the cine is not much more than the GBP for 100 foot of trix.
    this is only true if you can buy several cans at a time,

A single can from either Kodak themselves or a MP film distributer is close to £200 delivered. Of course the cost per 100' is is still cheaper than Tri-X even in that case

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    this is only true if you can buy several cans at a time,

A single can from either Kodak themselves or a MP film distributer is close to £200 delivered. Of course the cost per 100' is is still cheaper than Tri-X even in that case
    Confirmed we (including another other APUG member) bought five of 400 foot at 124 GBP each next day delivery in Nov13. We could have bought more but five incurred minimal overheads. Think they have gone up 15%.

There is no hassle phone debit / credit card so it is as simple as ordering five or six of Trix 100s from process supplies and paying for postage. The per foot cost a lot less.

I only took two cans cause I was 'topping up'. My chum wanted to buy more... after he processed the 1st cassette, maybe a different signature from Hp5+, but vestigial

Noel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, I remember when a pack of smokes and 2 qts of beer was a buck at the local Stop & Rob store. You could buy 45's in there too. Mom used to drop us off downtown on a Saturday, and I could see the Saturday matinee features for 10 cents, buy some candy and a coke, and still have a nickle left. I'm only in my early 60's, so things have really changed.

36 exposures is usually too much for me to shoot in a day too, so I've taken to opening the camera in a change bag around the 16th shot and cutting the film so I can develop those that day. I can shoot the rest tomorrow. Tried buying 24 exp rolls, but the price ratio between that and 36 exp is not good.
    Last edited by momus; 06-11-2014 at 07:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    When shooting on the streets 36 frames comes too quickly. <g> Thanks to the freezer I still have a 100' roll ready to go, so that is several trips to NYC.

Cheers -

george

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NDKodak View Post
    I remember when you could by Kodak films and chemicals at the local Kmart store.
    That's cool (well, the chemicals part). How long ago was that, I wonder...

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin