Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,811   Online: 770

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Kodak Tri-x Price Drops

Today on BH photo the price of Tri-x is down to $4.35 a roll from the recent increase to $4.79. Hopefully it's not just a short trend.. It makes the difference buying 60+ rolls at a time.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Tri_X_Pan.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's nice to hear, maybe they got wind of the other thread whingeing about price rises?

The 100' rolls are still $100, 33% more than TMY and 66% over HP5+

(meanwhile, not 5 seconds ago, an auction finished on the 'bay, a 100' roll of TXP from 1986 went for the same price as brand new HP5+. Some people sure do loves their Tri-X, new or old...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Large Format
    And my 100 dollars are still in my wallet, where they're going to stay.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think it may have been that their price of $4.79 topped HP5 at $4.75, so they realized that wasn't good if people may as well begin to compare them more closely if they cost the same. I just don't see the value in bulk loading.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikanon View Post
    I think it may have been that their price of $4.79 topped HP5 at $4.75, so they realized that wasn't good if people may as well begin to compare them more closely if they cost the same. I just don't see the value in bulk loading.
    Your right, at these prices for bulk rolls. Use to be able to save a lot more and was worthwhile.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One advantage bulk loading does have is the ability to load less than 36 frames. I have a hard time finishing up a roll of 36 in a day or on the same subject so I load 20 frames in my reloadable Nikon cassettes and find that to be good economy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I got a couple rolls from Amazon last week at $70 per 100'. Free 2 day delivery for Prime members, and probably free regular delivery anyway. 2016 expiry.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I remember when they were $17. Sure do miss that.

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember when you could by Kodak films and chemicals at the local Kmart store.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as we are strolling down memory lane, remember when Freestyle store brand film was made by Ilford and was really FP4 and HP5? THOSE were the good old days of bulk loading! For a while later they had Delta 100 and 400 for discount prices under store brand too. I have an old roll of that (poorly stored and defunct now, I actually got out of photography for more than a decade and forgot about it.)

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin