Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,958   Posts: 1,558,085   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Processing Orca 110 with Ilfotec DD-x

I have tried a number of locations to try and find the developing time for Orca 110 in DD-x. Has anyone any experience if this combination?

I only want to do this as it is difficult to get process chemicals here in Singapore and DD-x is the developer that is available

Shooter
    35mm
    You probably have found this already but the few developers I have found times for are 7 mins. Rodinal 1+50 is 9 mins

I'd have thought but don't know that somewhere around the same times apply to DDX. Find other films and check those times in D76 or ID11 and compare with DDX. This will give a good idea how big a range of films have dev times close in both say ID11 and DDX.

It is then a question of extrapolating.

If you have a lot of this stuff to develop you can either risk say 7-8 mins in DDX and then alter accordingly or cut the film into two or three and risk the loss of three negs and develop one for 7-8 mins then alter for the other half or two thirds of the film.

The loss of three negs will get you very close to where you need to be

Best of luck

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Try the times for HC-110. Experiment from there if not satisfied. It's a very similar developer to DDX.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
    Try the times for HC-110. Experiment from there if not satisfied. It's a very similar developer to DDX.
    HC-110 (B) is usually 2-4 minutes LESS than DD-X

So using HC-110 times isn't what I would advise... But maybe 3 minutes longer than HC-110(B) times. Which is probably 9 minutes for a 100 speed film.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    HC-110 (B) is usually 2-4 minutes LESS than DD-X

So using HC-110 times isn't what I would advise... But maybe 3 minutes longer than HC-110(B) times. Which is probably 9 minutes for a 100 speed film.
    Well, I did say to start there. I was going to add that more dilute would probably give less grain and goodness knows, 110 needs that! He will have to work out the times that suit in water temps he will work with in Singapore.

Hey! You have a new avatar?

Cheers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Well, I did say to start there. I was going to add that more dilute would probably give less grain and goodness knows, 110 needs that! He will have to work out the times that suit in water temps he will work with in Singapore.

Hey! You have a new avatar?

Cheers
    No new avatar, same one for 3 years, you're probably confusing me with Daniel Stone, which seems to happen a lot here... We are different people lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    No new avatar, same one for 3 years, you're probably confusing me with Daniel Stone, which seems to happen a lot here... We are different people lol
    Oh! Sorry.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh! Sorry.
    It's ok, I'm used to it haha no worries at all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok tried 16 minutes at 25C, and got good looking negs with good tonal variation. On scanning found large areas of grey tended to be 'dotty' rather like newsprint, doesn't look like grain. Could this perhaps be overdeveloped?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    16m @ 25C does sound excessive to me. But you haven't said what dilution you used. Might be just fine and you're seeing a tad of reticulation. Temperatures can be a trial I know when the tap water is close to 30C as we have in the summer. Good luck, seems you are on track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin