Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,333   Online: 693

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst job EVER!

Shooter
    35mm
    Praised be the one that admits his mistakes!
    We all make mistakes, one way or another.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    Look on the bright side - if you find the right website you can sell this picture as evidence of the UFO invasion!

Or maybe not.

Well done for posting and stating that 'stuff happens'

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Look on the bright side - if you find the right website you can sell this picture as evidence of the UFO invasion!

Or maybe not.

Well done for posting and stating that 'stuff happens'
    My wife said almost the same thing. She said it looked like a bunch of horizontal meteors coming down on the Earth.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Praised be the one that admits his mistakes!
    We all make mistakes, one way or another.
    It's one thing to admit mistakes, but it's another to LEARN from them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    That is one well-screwed pooch. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound they say. Hopefully this means you got all your bad mojo over and done with on this roll and you won't have any more problems for a very long time.
    You got that right! I do hope it's all done away with too. It had been a LONG, LONG time since I made any type of developing mistakes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DannL. View Post
    <snip> I recall on a number of occasions, and different roll-film cameras, having accomplished every task flawlessly from composition, exposure to development. Then to find a nice scratch on the film that runs end to end, through the middle of every frame. <snip> I replaced the seals on the RZ67 holder recently. It took three test rolls to determine and eliminate all the leaks.
    Oh yes, that ol' "everything was done right only to find a scratch through the entire roll." Yup, apparently my Nikon FE had a place that scratched the roll. I could never, ever find where it was being caused from. Every roll had it...for decades. I recently used a magnifier and found that a piece of metal had been nicked. Now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it without getting filing all over the shutter and mechanism.

As for taking three test rolls to eliminate the leaks...oh, man, I wish you hadn't told me that. I'm hoping the next "adjustment" will fix it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With regards to replacing the light traps in a Hasselblad back, I have one that needs to be done.
    I already have the materials. Where do you think you went wrong? I'd like to learn something from your 'experience'.
    Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would laugh at you but I've made bigger and more embarrassing errors.

"The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cunningham View Post
    With regards to replacing the light traps in a Hasselblad back, I have one that needs to be done.
    I already have the materials. Where do you think you went wrong? I'd like to learn something from your 'experience'.
    Paul
    I haven't had a chance to try it out for "real" but I checked the trap and it is indeed light tight now. I purchased the light traps from ebay and after trying it with the results you saw I felt dejected. I wrote Hasselblad and they indeed can provide the light traps for $18 plus shipping. That's basically the same cost as the ebay one AND it'll be the real thing.

So, before I plopped down $36+shipping I decided to try again. I watched the video on how to change the light trap on Youtube. There's a black cloth strip on the plate you take off when changing the light traps. The cloth was worn out, but what I did was peel it off and turn it around. That was one thing. I pushed it into place with permanent double-sided tape, but I suspect it won't last long.

The second thing was before I took everything apart I took a bright flashlight and shined it through the slot where the dark slide went in. On the other end I was able to see a tiny amount of light shining through. Someone somewhere on a different forum had mentioned using felt instead of the foam for the light trap. I was going to do that until my wife mentioned that she had pants patches. So I cut it into a little strip and used the double-sided tape and put it on the light trap and put it altogether. I used the flashlight and there was zero light coming through. The dark slide is really tight going in, especially when the back is attached to the camera, but no light is going in.

When I need to change the light traps again, I'm just going to order it from Hasselblad and hope they have them in stock. Don't waste your time with the Ebay product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh i had all kinds of mishap before, for one lets just say at least you loaded it correctly.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin