Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 721

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei RPX 25: Grain and Resolution

Hi All,

I am curious about the grain and resolution characteristics of Rollei RPX 25. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this film as it pertains to it's grain and resolving power? How would it compare to TMax 100 or Across 100?
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry to see you have had no replies - unusual for APUG. Makes me wonder if you are the only user It's a lonely feeling

Unfortunately I haven't tried it either but while waiting for answers you might try the Rollei site or a search on APUG. We must have discussed almost every film ever produced so I'd be surprised if there aren't a few threads

Here's hoping that you get answers

pentaxuser

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Rollei RPX 25 was tested in the latest issue ( III 2014 ) of the German magazine PhotoKlassik . The tester Henning Serger was obviously impressed by the film and according to the article he measured a resolution of 120 Lp/mm and an efective ISO of 20 - 40 . I don't know if you can get a copy of the Magazine in Canada but I enclose a link.

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.photoklassik.de/
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by K-G View Post
    The Rollei RPX 25 was tested in the latest issue ( III 2014 ) of the German magazine PhotoKlassik . The tester Henning Serger was obviously impressed by the film and according to the article he measured a resolution of 120 Lp/mm and an efective ISO of 20 - 40 . I don't know if you can get a copy of the Magazine in Canada but I enclose a link.

Karl-Gustaf

I didn't see if this magazine comes in an English version... does it?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Karl-Gustaf

Thanks for the link. I'll browse the site. I can appreciate since the film is new, there may not be much in the way of testing. I didn't see anything to address my question in any of the APUG threads.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it is only in German so far. The magazine is only a litle less than two years old and you never know if there will be an English version in the future . They write exclusively about analogue photography so an investment in a German dictionary and grammar may be worth the money.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it is only in German so far. The magazine is only a litle less than two years old and you never know if there will be an English version in the future . They write exclusively about analogue photography so an investment in a German dictionary and grammar may be worth the money.

Karl-Gustaf
    I might. Plus I can put the two semesters of German to good use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'll browse the site. I can appreciate since the film is new, there may not be much in the way of testing. I didn't see anything to address my question in any of the APUG threads.
    There is a 26 page thread on this film which ran until Jan 2014. If you haven't looked at this then concentrate on Regular Rod's posts. He has a scan in his posts as well. I did a Google search as well and the first link was to a site where the film was tested. Someone called Pioneer also ordered 10 films in Dec 2013 so must have experience of probably several of these by now. You might find something under his name and he may even respond on this thread.

pentaxuser

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    |I always got it in German,which lickely ain't a problem for me;It's a good magazine and deserves support from apug members.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin