Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,104   Online: 1111

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Can I have a critique please?

I have loved shooting film ever sense my high school photo class stared. This was around January I believe so I am quite new to photography and I would like some advise from others. I do not know where to post this so I apologize if I posted it in the wrong place. Here are my photos, thanks!

Edit: Photo groups:

Old cars: 1, 2, 6, 7.

Old buildings: 8, 10, 11, 12.

Clouds: 3, 9, 15.

Neon lights: 4, 5.

PPIHC race end: 13, 14.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01740017.JPG   01740021.JPG   01740028.JPG   01760009.JPG   01760013.JPG  

02200019.JPG   02200021.JPG   03280010.JPG   03280021.JPG   05590002.JPG  

05590003.JPG   05590005.JPG   05590012.JPG   05590016.JPG   07820030.JPG  

Last edited by LifeIn35mm; 07-02-2014 at 02:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"The world is cold and times are bad
    ...War and drugs are everywhere
    And it’s getting so hard to breathe the air
    But it doesn’t have to be like this
    All the rancor and bitterness
    If we can just open our eyes
    We can make the world a paradise someday" Ce Ce Rogers

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    And please be as brutally honest as you can.
    "…The proper value and respect for time determines success or failure." Malcolm X

"Cause it's all about money… You got to have a con in this land of milk and honey" Grandmaster Flash the the Furious Five

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    frankly a good critique would involve knowing what you want to achieve.

Not really a coherent set, but I see some good narrative in some of your images; a weegee-style of immediacy;
    the second image showing people with outstretched hands to the approaching car stands apart.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some famous photographer once said: Your first 10,000 images are your worst.

Keep practicing. There are some technical issues, perhaps with your shutter, and light leaks.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    A lot of them were nice pictures but outside of any context lacked an impact. I thought some exceptions were the photo of the cloud texture and the one with the white race car and people stretching their hands out. I liked those.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I realize now that I should had grouped them up. I will edit my post saying which ones belong in which group.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by horacekenneth View Post
    A lot of them were nice pictures but outside of any context lacked an impact. I thought some exceptions were the photo of the cloud texture and the one with the white race car and people stretching their hands out. I liked those.
    How do you recommend I make my photos more meaningful? Make them into groups? If so I now realize I should have done that and will be sure to do it next time.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    Some famous photographer once said: Your first 10,000 images are your worst.

Keep practicing. There are some technical issues, perhaps with your shutter, and light leaks.
    Yes, those photos were shot with my AE-1. I just sent it to Garry's Camera Repair so it should not be a problem in the future.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIn35mm View Post
    How do you recommend I make my photos more meaningful? Make them into groups? If so I now realize I should have done that and will be sure to do it next time.
    As previously stated, we need to know the context and purpose of these images. What are you trying to express?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    As previously stated, we need to know the context and purpose of these images. What are you trying to express?
    For the ones of the old cars and buildings I want to express loneliness. Then with the neon lights and clouds I want to express uncertainty. I would also like to know how to show other emotions so I can do so if the picture comes along.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin