Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,817   Online: 749

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose
    can you provide a version in Excel? Please...
    Sure, I've just posted a new version of the page (with dilutions for the Euro version of HC-110 concentrate included), and added a link to the Excel file used to create the tables.

Donald - I don't have Netscape installed, but I had Dreamweaver "clean up" the HTML. Is it better now?
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Jeff,

Did you make a time adjustment for the weaker solution? H is 1:63 compared to B's 1:31.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is great work. Am thinking of using hc110 when I start doing large format. Seems economical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Konical
    Good Afternoon, Jeff,

Did you make a time adjustment for the weaker solution? H is 1:63 compared to B's 1:31.

Konical

Yeah, I started off for 12 minutes in 68 degrees, which was a a little contrasty for "normal"- I should probably be using about 10 minutes for normal.

Here is my curve shot at e.i. 50. Looks like it still needs another stop of exposure:

http://www.hiddenworld.net/misc/curve.jpg

(density on the y axis, exposure zone on the x axis)

No big deal. Guess I was interested if I'm the only one here who notices that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob, that's a great chart!

Jeff, your findings are interesting for me. I haven't performed any measurements on my results, but always rate Tri-x 320 at 160 and FP4+ at 80 for processing in HC110. I've found this generally does give a 'better' negative for me (specifically denser and with greater tonal separations, more to my liking). It has the effect of lifting the overall exposure of the film away from the toe. So in that sense, gives predictable results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OT slightly but I'm in Europe and have been buying HC110 both in France and Italy. I have never seen HC110 in anything other than concentrate (i.e. 1:31 for dilution B). Is the "European" soup maybe a thing of the distant past, like old Tri-X: we keep hearing about it, but in effect it has disappeared years ago?

Oh, and I'll ditto John on both the 320TXP and the FP4 speeds for HC110 in sheet films. FWIW...
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How come I have never seen the European HC-110 when I live in Denmark. I have only seen the concentrate...

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HC110 is sold in Europe as a "less concentrated syrup" (Kodak Cat #500 1466). Dilution B, for example, would be 1:9 using this developer.

This information is at the Covvington site.

It is possible that it has been discontinued and the other HC110 is the only available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I buy the bottle that looks like this:

It is 1 litre concentrated. I use it 1+31 (B).

Morten

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Donald - I don't have Netscape installed, but I had Dreamweaver "clean up" the HTML. Is it better now?
    Yes, looked at it a few minutes ago, it's perfect.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin