Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,716   Online: 1027

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD
    Here is my curve shot at e.i. 50. Looks like it still needs another stop of exposure:

http://www.hiddenworld.net/misc/curve.jpg

(density on the y axis, exposure zone on the x axis)

No big deal. Guess I was interested if I'm the only one here who notices that.
    I don't have a densitometer, and rarely use a meter at all -- I shoot mainly by Sunny 16, which is rather like having the world's largest FOV for an averaging meter (though I do use a lot of compensating factors for sun position outside the 10-2 midday range, shade levels, etc.). However, I find that TMY and old TX (35 mm, from bulk, very cheap expired film) both give very good shadow detail in scanned negatives when developed in Dilution G with greatly reduced agitation and development extended enough to get normal contrast -- which comes to 19 minutes at 68F for the TMY, a little longer for Tri-X.

I *know* my "by eye" exposures aren't two stops over -- I routinely shoot TMY in hazy sun at f/11 and 1/200 or 1/250, which is either box speed or EI 500, and I get pretty good results...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    HC110 is sold in Europe as a "less concentrated syrup" (Kodak Cat #500 1466).
    Yes, that is the urban myth. All I ever get is the same stuff as Modafoto. In this day and age of extreme (bordering on assenine) rationalization of production and product lines, I would imagine Rochester would have done away with two versions of HC110 years ago, like it did away with multiple Kodachrome process facilities, and now Tri-X production lines.

But the men in yellow have been known to do illogical things... :rolleyes:
    Killing TechPan comes to mind, but also
    continuing Technidol when Techpan isn't.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I buy the bottle that looks like this:
    It is 1 litre concentrated. I use it 1+31 (B).
    Morten
    Sorry for the confusion, Morten. Looks like yours is the standard pack and dilution, like the one sold in USA.

Mine is CAT No. 500 1466, 500 ml size, to make 5 liters....
    It says "Dilution B", and the instructions say to use 500 ml of HC-110 (i.e. full bottle) with 9 times water (i.e. mix 1+9), to make 5 liters of working solution.

I wish I could get hold of the "syrup" packaging. This one is rather expensive, if you take into account it's mixed 1+9...

Denis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis P.
    I wish I could get hold of the "syrup" packaging. This one is rather expensive, if you take into account it's mixed 1+9...
    I see. The syrup costs approx. $45 pr. bottle (a little less than $1.50 pr. litre working solution (B)) in Denmark, and isn't really cheap, but compared to other photographic stuff (film and paper) developer is dead cheap!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin