Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,550   Posts: 1,599,073   Online: 958

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

HC-110 dilution chart

I put up a page on my web site that has a chart which shows how much syrup and water you need for HC-110 dilutions A through H, in quantities from 100ml to 1000ml working solution at 50ml intervals. The page also has links to other HC-110 resources (and APUG, of course!).

You can see it here.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good information. thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good work! Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice. I use HC-110 with some films although Rodinal is my main dev.
    May I copy/paste the chart into my darkroom notes?

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto

Morten
    Morten, are you using original (US) syrup, or the "European" packaging?
    I got "European" packaging, which is already diluted - it says it is to be used at 1+19 ratio for developing...
    Got some nice results with it - for faster films (ASA 400) which do not work well with Rodinal

Denis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis P.
    Morten, are you using original (US) syrup, or the "European" packaging?
    I got "European" packaging, which is already diluted - it says it is to be used at 1+19 ratio for developing...
    Got some nice results with it - for faster films (ASA 400) which do not work well with Rodinal

Denis
    I use the syrup concentrate.

About the use of faster films (ASA 400+) in Rodinal. It works VERY good. It is just a matter of taste. I use Tri-X @ 1600 in Rodinal with great results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto

Morten
    Feel free to use it as you wish.

I should mention (and I will edit the page today), that this is for the U.S. version of the concentrate. I'll make a second chart for the Euro version and post it tonight.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob, I might mention that the chart formatting is seriously fowled up when viewed with Netscape 7.2. Perhaps you could put the information into an HTML table, so all browsers will show it correctly? Or if it is in a table, ensure that all the "end" marks are there -- Internet Explorer seemingly doesn't care about those, but Netscape is much closer to a "standards compliant" browser implementation and will give pretty bizarre results with stuff that works perfectly in IE (and vice versa, I might add: "Standards are what we say they are" -- Mythical Microsoft spokesman).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    can you provide a version in Excel? Please...
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

speed in hc110

Does anyone else get a somewhat slow speed in hc110?

I recently tested dilution h hc110 (I assured enough solution so dev. exhaustion not a problem) with the new TMAX 100.

Measuring speed by .1 over film base plus fog, I have to rate TMAX 100 at around 25.

Don't know if anyone else seen this?

Also, HC110 is known for having a more "swept" shaped film curve, as opposed to more toe and shoulder. Does this have any adverse effects? I was thinking the toe and shoulder of devloping paper might be ill-matched for this kind of curve, but I have not done enough tests...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin