Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,482   Online: 755

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Images

Is using a rotary processor the way to go for B&W films?

AT the moment I am using small paterson tanks to develop 35mm/120 films.I get really bored and impatient developing my films, I am considering using my Jobo processor to dev/stop/fix and wash all my black and white films is this a quicker\ less labour intensive way to go? I tried lobbing XP2+ in with my colour film but I dont like the long exposure times it takes to print XP2+ negs on B&W paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, why not?
    I use my Jobo CPE2 for most of my b/w developing (exceptions are Rodinal and some special things like Kodak Imagelink). I have very good results with ID11/D76, Calbe A49 and some Tetenal devs. You just have to adjust developing times according to the manufactures spec-sheet (-15% for ID11 IIRC).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

You betcha !!

I haven't hand processed a single B&W film since I found a CPE2. You need to adjust you devel time of course, but once it's nutted out it is much more consistent.

Graham

Images
    When it comes to washing do you leave the film in the same water or do you change the water several times say once every 3 mins X 6?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most developers will do fine on Jobo CPE-2. Some exeptions: Rodinal (Agfa), Tanol (Moersch), Imagespeed, Nanospeed (SPUR).

If you want an inversion system automated, look at the Heiland Tas processor. If you are already using the Jobo 1500 system it's economical with the chemicals. Jobo 1510 250 ml, 1520 470 ml or 1540 910 ml.

Very reproducible, external memories for different combinations, automatic temperature and develop time corrections within 0,1 degrees C. Accoustic warning process almost finished and completely finished. High preformance materials PTFE, S.S. used. Only not very cheap.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeyes
    When it comes to washing do you leave the film in the same water or do you change the water several times say once every 3 mins X 6?
    I do not wash the film using the CPE. I hand wash using ilford recommendations.

Sorry I should have made this clear before.

The CPE is great for processing, but if you want to wash using the CPE you need to read the instructions and even then I would be cautious

Graham.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

rotary

I don't do alot of small films but when I do I use an old Beseler rotary base and a Paterson tank that holds two reels. Works just fine and alot cheaper than a Jobo. I guess if you're doing 4x5 or larger then the Jobo is the way to go. There are also film tubes available from J+C or you can make them yourself.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Ilford method with the CPE. Fill with water... let it rotate for some seconds, change, let it rotate etc...

Works fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To wash, I remove the tank from the CPE2, set it on its bottom and run a hose down the centre tube and run water through that as a film washer, but yes, use the CPE2 for develop/stop/fix - washup graduates etc while it's spinning...

Bob.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You didn't say which Jobo processor and I don't know about any other than the one I use, the ATL2000... I use it for all my film processing except any Foto flo steps... It was acquired specifically for films, B&W and E6 six step, and does a good consistent job... I prefer it connected to a tempered water source and plumbed for draining... I have no experience using it for prints, but it can be used for most processes using as many as chemicals / steps...
    Regards,

Wally

Member:
    National Sarcasm Society
    (like we need your support)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin