Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,466   Online: 756

Thread: technidol

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

technidol

I was visiting a camera store that had some darkroom equipment, and in the back they had a couple of boxes of Technidol, which I know was used for Techpan films. Would the powder formula be useful today, or is it out of date, as they are selling it for 5 dollars a 3 pack. I see that it has some high prices on Ebay, but that with the Techpan film which is much loved and missed.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    if you live in america you can buy it and ship it to me and I'll pay 6 dollars a 3pack

seriously whats the name of the store and where is it located? I'll take it!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It must work since people are willing to pay a lot for it on eBay.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I do live in the US.

They should have two more boxes left, so I will pick it up in the morning. Though I am unsure if I want to trade, as I might want to use it.

Attached is a photo of the packaging (not the exact package, but found online) so I am hopefully not confusing it with another developer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tech.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedwardson View Post
    I do live in the US.

They should have two more boxes left, so I will pick it up in the morning. Though I am unsure if I want to trade, as I might want to use it.

Attached is a photo of the packaging (not the exact package, but found online) so I am hopefully not confusing it with another developer.
    OH!

That's LC...

There are two different versions of Technidol...

Technidol

And

Technidol LC

The latter is unfortunately only good for certain versions of Tech Pan while the former is good for all of them. I can't recall which are and which aren't OK to use.

I was only half serious, it's just as easy to mix up a batch or POTA from scratch which works well enough.

I have 8-15 packs of liquid Technidol (the non-LC) which I know still works, and 10 or so rolls of tech pan 35mm, 3 in 120, and 4 rolls of 70mm!! That's 80 feet in just 70mm haha.

So I DO need more technidol, but I think I'll just make POTA to save money.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fair enough - any recommendations for using technidol LC? (other then don't use it)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found some in my garage left over from the mid 90's. It sold for big bucks on ebay. It was worth more to someone else besides me. I'd sell it online and find another way to develop your techpan. Maybe a divided developer or PMK or something.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin