Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,343   Online: 785

Images

sources for hypo

I know of Photo Formulary, Art Craft, and the folks who are sponsors here. are there any others? Which is better? I have never had a problem with photogrpaher's formulary but their prices do tend to be kind of high, and they only sell in 10grams, 100grams and ten pounds. I need 2-3 pounds.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tech Chem sells it at 5# for $16. Check at

http://www.techcheminc.com/raw_chemicals.htm

They also have the hard-to-find Dimezone-S, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Artcraft. Not only am I supporting a neighbor, but the prices are good; nothing against anyone else in the business.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Anyone know where I can get 50# bags of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I got a 50# bag from a chemical store that caters mainly to the swimming pool industry. 50 bucks. It's used to bring down the chlorine levels and also for water filtration plants. Barson Chemical in Wheeling, IL. Don't have their number offhand though. Check locally for these kind of chemical companies.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm with Mike, a pool supply business is the way to go. Once you find a local pool supply, ask for their "Neutralizer" and check the label. If it says "removes excess chlorine and bromide from the water" it is most likely the right stuff. Next check the M.S.D.S. (safety data sheet) for ingredients. You are looking for "sodium thiosulfate" as the ingredient. This is the cheapest way to buy "hypo" that I know of. Depending on the package itself, it shouldn't cost more than about $1.00 a pound. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Anyone know where I can get 50# bags of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate?
    I get mine at the local pool chem dealer too. ACCO is the name of the place. When I first called I asked if they had "sodium thiosulfate prismatic rice crystals". He said "yep".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    www.chemistrystore.com should have it as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin