Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,787   Online: 880

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    While it's not a "just a light brownish tone" I think the AGFA MCC line of papers in brown toner is a perfect brown print.

It may be too brown for what you're looking for though... But something to investigate none the less.

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want to avoid toning, use Ilford WT or Patterson Acugrade WT in Ethol LPD 1+15

Nice browinsh tones right form the start
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In addition to using warm tone papers and developers add 10 to 15ml of a 10% solution of bromide to your working developer to help warm up the print but be careful not to add too much as it will result in a flat print with a green cast. Another dodge is to over expose the paper and under develop as a starting point over expsose by about 40% and underdevelop by say 50% to warm up the print. This will aslo help control the print contrast when printing from a high contrast negative.The suggested times and dilutins are starting points so you will need to experiment to find the best combinations for your taste.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format

I love Forte!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH
    Perhaps Ilford MG WarmTone? Has a creamy base, and should you choose to tone it responds nicely. I hear Forte has great paper too, though must admit I've not used it, YET.
    Scott, I used and still do! Forte Fortezo FN-4 - is unbelievably great and low cost (In Russia about 6 USD for 10 sheets 24x30 cm).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortezo used to be awesome!
    Havent used it in 5 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan Safin
    Scott, I used and still do! Forte Fortezo FN-4 - is unbelievably great and low cost (In Russia about 6 USD for 10 sheets 24x30 cm).
    Mama took my APX away.....

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fortezo Museum is one of my "standards".
    And Bergger's CB Art.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't tell you how much I like the warmtone of JandC Classic Polywarmtone and the paper is triple weight (320g/m2) which is an added benefit in my book.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Fortezo Museum is one of my "standards".
    And Bergger's CB Art.
    Ole, I also use Forte Polywarmtone Ivory Museum - non contrasty and warm. Intended to give an "old" feel and it really does! I look at my landscape like it was shot 70 years ago! and I often add strong tea to the final washing - 150 years ago feeling!%)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady O
    I normally print with Oriental VC fiber developed in Sprint (similar to Dektol). Although I'm happy with the results, I just got back from a trip to Arizona and would like to print the pictures with a warmer tone. I've seen some pictures with a copper tone and would like to stay away from that in keeping with just a light brownish tone. Any recomendations for something to try? I'd like to keep it simple with little toning and a simple developer.
    In terms of complete range of tones and control of degree of browns, there is nothing better than polysulfide toner in combination with neutral or warmtone papers. You can use Kodak Brown Toner or AGFA Viradon for this purpose.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    anybody tried the awesome FOMA Fomatone MG classic chamois 542?

developed in FOMA's own Fomatol PW W24 it lets you have really warm - sometimes allmost greenish-brown images.

the paper recembles Kentmere Art Classic in surface, and the warm paper base combined with the tones are truely beautifull..

did anyone whisper Josef Sudek?....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin