Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,720   Posts: 1,514,910   Online: 1038

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ilford update

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcausey
    I hope I'm wrong too. I'm really frustrated because I still want to learn traditional color development and printing processes, and no one seems to want to teach them -- my university where i'm currently studying black and white actually laughs at me when I ask about it.
    The APUG Conference will have a Colour Theory and Basic Colour Printing workshop. Stay tuned...

Ilford unfortunately has made it virtually impossible to purchase their products in Canada. Everything has to be ordered from an American warehouse in I think New Jersey and the camera stores are not willing to do the endless customs clearances to import the stuff. Then Ilford complains their sales are down.
    So out here Agfa reigns and you can only get a Kodak product if it is on the Canadian inventory.

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    The APUG Conference will have a Colour Theory and Basic Colour Printing workshop. Stay tuned...
    Will do! All the more reason to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    Ilford unfortunately has made it virtually impossible to purchase their products in Canada.
    Hopefully the new bosses at Ilford will correct this situation soon...

Also, there is a PJ out there who still clings to the occasional roll of B&W, although I, er he, uses color too. But hot damn, you can't beat TMZ-3200 (Delta 3200 in 120 too)

~Karl Borowski

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    Ilford unfortunately has made it virtually impossible to purchase their products in Canada. Everything has to be ordered from an American warehouse in I think New Jersey and the camera stores are not willing to do the endless customs clearances to import the stuff. Then Ilford complains their sales are down.
    So out here Agfa reigns and you can only get a Kodak product if it is on the Canadian inventory.

Mark
    Mark, I have just the opposite problem out here in Alberta. Seems like Agfa is not selling worth beans so many are dropping them from the line up in the stores. I kinda like the Agfa more than Ilford.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    In todays BJP Ilford announce that apart from SFX200 they are retaining all existing lines gradually re-introducing products dropped by the Recievers. .
    So can we look forward to the return of postcard paper ?
    I wonder if there will be a temporary lull in Ilford's sales as those who have stocked up with Ilford's products use up their reserves and don't need to buy new for a while?
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That would be a good line to reintroduce as there dosn't seem to be any left anywhere; not that I can find anyway.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin