Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,037   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    The trick is when you see too much light, close your eyes shut tightly.

I do not use reels with balls. I have enough competition. My Paterson reels are the old fashioned center load.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    Incidentally, Murphy's Law is named for Edsel Murphy, when he found that his bride of 3 months was 7 months pregnant.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm

Thought for the day

Avoid all undesirable Irish people. If you have problems telling the desirable Irsh..the great majority...from the few of the other kind..avoid all Irish. Cultivate the company of Gemans, very nice trouble free people. I know that there are some rumors of Germans causing some problems worldwide in the first half of the 20th century but I believe that it was just a case of German boy being influenced by some Italians and Japanese..Imagine what would have happened if they had an Irish friend?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon
    Similar situation here. Into the basement on a cold winters night to spool some 120 film for a friend. Carefully layed out reels, tank and film. Practiced reaching each item in sequence and when I felt comfortable with the rehearsal I turned out the lights.

Darkness, oh it was everywhere. Black, black surrounding, this was going to be a piece of cake.

I opened the first roll, removed the backing and picked up the reel when the furnace decided to ignite. The light was blinding. The film partially fogged. One of many of Mr. Murphys' Laws learned. If it can it will

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    ...but I believe that it was just a case of German boy being influenced by some Italians and Japanese..
    Actually, he was Austrian, but that's not important now...

I had my "night of a thousand deaths" over the weekend. As I was loading the first 2 of 4 sheets of 5X7 into an 11X14 Unidrum, I dropped the freshly emptied filmholder onto the concrete floor. The sickening sound of crunching wood and metal was made even worse when, in my zeal to get finished and find out the fate of the dropped holder, I turned the lights on and discovered that not only had I damaged a holder (destroyed really), I had neglected to put the end cap on the Unidrum!

Five days later, the words "Oh shit" are still echoing over the Raritan Bay...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueish
    WANTED ! Dead or Alive.
    A man named Murphy Law. Last seen muttering to himself and causing havoc without seemingly noticing. Often wears tattered clothing and smells of smoke. May be wearing only one shoe. Hair often appears to be standing on end as if from electrical discharges.

Approach with extreme caution and never I repeat NEVER dismiss him for harmless, or turn one's back on him. Watch for water filled potholes, falling pianos, or the least expected thing.

Small reward offered to survivor who can offer proof of capture.
    Does Murphy reseble a roadrunner???
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Yeah, see... that may be the problem...were you using Rodinal? If not...well...you might want to consider getting some! If so... hm...have you been having impure thoughts about some other developer?????

Hope all works out well!

I hear tell that the Church of Rodinal internet confessional is open 24/7...

Shooter
    35mm

Right you are Mr Fowler

You are of course correct. I did not want to misspell Shickel-Gruber but you forced me into it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mr. Murphy came knocking on my darkroom door a couple of evenings ago, but I beat him by a second...
    I had been in the darkroom for about an hour and was happily lost in my printing and Led Zeppelin. I was just about to open a box of paper to pull out a sheet of 8x10 when my 5 year old son came in to see what I was up too. Needless to say he had turned on all of the basement lights on his way downstairs.
    Of course, there was also the initial shock and surprise of having him come in when I was least expecting another human being in my sanctuary!!

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    I opened the first roll, removed the backing and picked up the reel when the furnace decided to ignite. The light was blinding. The film partially fogged. One of many of Mr. Murphys' Laws learned. If it can it will
    Ah, yes, the bloody *furnace*.

I spool my film in the utility room, which is, in turn, accessed through a bathroom. Easy to make black as can be, even during the day.

I've been spooling film in there since the summer... with my eyes closed, of course, even though it's dark, since that's how I practiced in the light.

Earlier this winter, I was loading several rolls of 35mm in the blessed darkness, with my eyes closed, when I heard the whoosh of the furnace igniting. Didn't really think anything of it... until I opened my eyes... and could SEE!

*(&#*$ fogged film...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin