Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,244   Online: 865

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for all the info guys!

-chuck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    This is just my opinion, but I would not use rodinal with t-grain films.
    My opinion is the total opposite. I like it for Delta 100!
    Nice to see that we all aren't alike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    I mix 1+50 with good results.
    1+50 is the best and most versatile dilution! One of my ten commandments in the church!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    (In response to David not liking Rodinal for T-grain) My opinion is the total opposite.
    No surprise there, Morten. Come on, fess up. Don't you use Rodinal as an after-shave?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Rodinal works fine with t-max 100. 1:100 will probably cut your speed. Try 1:50 to start. Two inversions in 5 sec for 30 sec to start. Then 5 sec/30 sec.

Use only enough to cover the film. Don`t fill the tank as the solution needs to move. Invert and twist 90 deg if you have a steel tank. Paterson will work with inversion only, but rotate 90 deg as you set it down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Does anyone use the little swizzle stick with the Paterson instead of inverting?

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just developed a new roll of TMax 100 (120 format). This time it came out perfect. I was much more rigorous on temperature control - kept all chems in a 68 degree bath, and pre-cooled the Paterson for a few minutes in the bath (no prewet though) just to be on the safe side. Then processed in Rodinal 1:50 for 12 minutes.

Had one near disaster - as I poured out the Rodinal, the damn funnel on the Paterson started to fall out. I caught it after it moved about 1/4 inch out, quickly slapped it back on, and poured in the stop, making sure this time the funnel was locked in place.

I had to fix for about 9 minutes to fully clear the pink, but in the end the roll was perfect, with no damage from the inadvertant slip at the end of development.

Initial examination of the prints show spectacular results. After they dry I'll check them closely.

Thanks all!

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022
    Does anyone use the little swizzle stick with the Paterson instead of inverting?

-chuck
    I do, except I have the Arista plastic tank (it's cheaper and the reels are a lot easier to load). And, unlike the Paterson (I think), with the Arista tank the whole post and reels move up and down while spinning (I think the Paterson only spins). I do this mainly because I lost my cap and didn't want to order another one, and my negs look just fine spinning them.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

9 minute Fix?

Ouch, that is a LOT of fix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I thought so too, but for some reason recently I've been seeing longer fix times with my tmax, even in the Jobo. Didn't seem to do any harm, and the negs are clear and sharp.

-chuck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin