Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,754   Online: 933

Shooter
    35mm

PHOTO SKETCHING INDIA INK-RECEIPT TO BLEACH B W

I AM DOING SOMETHING CALLED PHOTO SKETCHING WITH I DID MANY YEARS AGO BUT FORGET SOME OF THE FORMULA.
    THE PROCESS INVOLVES SKETCHING ON A B AND W AND THEN BLEACHING OUT ALL OF THE PRINT EXCEPT THE INDIA INK SKETCH. I REMEMBER THE RECEIPE INVOLVED IODINE AND BLEACH.
    CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO BLEACH OUT THE PRINT AND LEAVE THE INDIA INK SKETCH ON THE PRINT IN TACT???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are referring to a Potassium Iodide based bleach - I would guess a Potassium Ferricyanide based bleach would work just as well ("Farmer's Reducer" is the most common type of these).

One of the companies supplying chemicals to photographers will be able to sell you either ready made up, or one formulae is: Potassium Iodide 23g + Iodine 10g + water to make 1litre.

Bob.

P.S. - no need to shout....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A ferricyanide bleach is not the best for getting pure whites, an iodide/iodine bleach is far better. Try IR-4:
    Potassium iodide 36 g
    Iodine 1 g
    Water to 1 litre

Use I part Reducer to 19 parts water refix in plain hypo.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin