Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,620   Online: 1254

Thread: ilford sfx

Shooter
    Multi Format

ilford sfx

Just bought the last two rolls of SFX at the camera store; never tried this stuff, but I hear it's fun.

Any special conditions on loading/unloading the camera?

What's your favorite ei and dev./time/temp? I have access to most devs.

Any problem running it thru a Nikon N70? I could use F2 , Nikkormat or FM2 if need be.

I do have a #29 red, tripod is no problem and we can spot meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I've used...

...sfx in the past.
    Basically,treat it like a normal B&W film-which is pretty much what it is.
    It doesn't need the same degree of caution which a true infrared film requires,because it ISN'T a true infrared film-it's simply a conventional B&W film which is a little more sensitive than normal.
    You can develop it in any normal developer(I always used Ilford Ifosol).
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anybody ever run this thru Diafine or Acufine? With a #29 filter on it (or darker) things get mighty slow. What times did you use, EI?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Jim,
    I've used SFX and found that unless shooting in extremely bright sunlight your best bet for any real IR effects is with an 89b(#92) filter.In terms of ISO the film has a 200 speed and I use that in all seasons with no problems.I've actaully bracketed(bad word?) around what the meter reads +,- and gotten good images.I believe the lattitude of the film is pretty good and you can even get usable images three stops either way.It gets slow as you mentioned but I'm a tripod worker anyway.

Best,
    jim
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree with Jim regarding the 89B filter. The developer I used was D76.
    Diane

Halak 41

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin