Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,394   Posts: 1,683,362   Online: 783

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A few months back I attempted to order some Bergger paper from Freestyle... I was told that they were going to be moving away from Bergger paper products because of difficulties in getting supply etc...

Another one bites the dust?

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Symchyshyn
    A few months back I attempted to order some Bergger paper from Freestyle... I was told that they were going to be moving away from Bergger paper products because of difficulties in getting supply etc...

Another one bites the dust?

joe
    For Bergger read Forte, and similar problems to Ilford, but unlike Ilford yet to be resolved.

At Focus on Imaging (UK photo show) the woman representing Bergger indicated they were expecting a shipment around now from Hungary (ie from Forte) of fresh production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be a shame to see Freestyle drop Ilford; support of an important, resurgent black-and-white film company (or lack thereof) will have repercussions among many of their customers.

I think it's just that Freestyle is losing interest in B&W film, especially anything "esoteric" like 4x5 or larger.

It isn't the store it used to be, customer service has been going downhill for a couple of years now and I think they see the market in digital with all its gizmos and add ons - take a look at any of their recent mailings.

Images
    I checked with Freestyle about Bergger and Ilford. They are expecting to fill backorders on my Bergger VC CB paper in late April and they are not dropping Ilford. They are expecting price increases from Ilford, which they will pass along as current stock is sold. Some Ilford products are hard to get, but there is plenty of Kentmere to go around.

Personally, I get better e-service from Freestyle than from anybody else and maybe better e-service than I get in person from other stores.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    They are expecting price increases from Ilford ...
    Tankers full of green-backs are leaving our shores each day.
    Their value declines against other world currencies. Imports rise
    in price, save for China's whose currency sinks with ours. Soon
    Kodak USA will be the least expensive option. Dan

Images
    Kodak makes some fine products and their paper has gotten better (IMO), but they don't support the 5x7 format very well and I really prefer HP5+.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel
    Kodak makes some fine products
    and their paper has gotten better (IMO),
    "... their paper has gotten better ..." Kodak is now
    more focused. They market only RC, VC paper. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    "... their paper has gotten better ..." Kodak is now
    more focused. They market only RC, VC paper. Dan
    Really? What about Polymax Fine Art (fiber) and Azo (graded fiber)?
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in Freestyle "Hollywood" today and the Kentmere Section was equal in size to the Freestyle Arista section. Probably 12' wide x 5' high of shelf space for each product line. All of the other players, Agfa, Kodak, Ilford, etc. accounted for the rest of the self space. Did not see any Bergger product out. One thing that is neat about going to the retail store is the examples of each paper they have hanging up. I hope they get some Kentmere examples up soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin