Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,364   Online: 814

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard
    I'd normally agree with 36 min. being a long time, but what if it was a semi-stand dev. time???? Just thinking outloud here. Always dangerous.
    I was thinking the same thing, but as Borax increases activity it would need to be a pretty dilute developer, unless bullet proof negatives was the desired result

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The other question has film changed? On the largeformat.info forum a bunch of film formulas got posted today. D-23 stock with a suggested time of 15-19 minutes. They also call it a soft developer. I use less time then that at 1:3 -)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    The other question has film changed? On the largeformat.info forum a bunch of film formulas got posted today. D-23 stock with a suggested time of 15-19 minutes. They also call it a soft developer. I use less time then that at 1:3 -)
    When I first used D-76, Kodak's time for Super XX was 17 minutes @ 68 F. Emulsions were much thicker then, which may have been true also of the first Tri-X, and I think part of the thickness was an overcoating. But that was a long time ago.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That makes the intial 30+ minute number look very different.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz
    ... increasing the borax or Kodalk speeds D-76 up.
    I can understand an addition of Kodalk making for a more
    active D-76 but not borax. D-76 contains considerable sulfite
    with a ph a few tenths above borax. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Folks,

Thanks a lot for your replies. You gave me some ideas.

I need to correct one thing in my initial post. Gene Smith's comment is not "...Kodalk of Borax...", but "...borax of kodalk...". I re-read the section yesterday. However, what he means by that is beyond me. Maybe it's a typo. Maybe he meant borax OR kodalk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin