Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,211   Online: 1117

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    Except for Metol, wich still works in a neutral environment, albeit very slowly. BTW, a little metol in a little triethanolamine makes a very effective developer for high contrast document films like Tech Pan, and a good, clean working, stand/minimal agitation developer for other films, with appropriately extended development times.

Jay
    This sounds interesting. I have both ingredients on hand. Do you have a suggested formula and films/times? Could you point me to a thread or URL if this has been covered already?

Thanks,
    Lee

Shooter
    Large Format
    Having had the opportunity to view prints produced by some who are promoting some of the newer proposed developer formulations, I would be hard pressed to make a case for changing from those that are tested and true.

In other words the print is the final determiner. A line of rhetoric does not a photochemist make.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jay,

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try. It's alway nice to add something new to the repertoire and expand the available options.

Lee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin