Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,397   Posts: 1,683,385   Online: 854

Shooter
    Multi Format

1000ml jobo bottles for any size tank?

I have access to a jobo cpe2 with a lift. It only has 1000ml chemistry bottles for the immersion inserts, but I'm confused about using larger tanks... Do I need larger bottles for 1500ml or 2000ml+ tanks? I can't find any other bottles, and wouldn't they only be partially submerged?

Thanks!

Xander

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Fischer View Post
    I have access to a jobo cpe2 with a lift. It only has 1000ml chemistry bottles for the immersion inserts, but I'm confused about using larger tanks... Do I need larger bottles for 1500ml or 2000ml+ tanks? I can't find any other bottles, and wouldn't they only be partially submerged?

Thanks!

Xander
    Not sure if I understand you correctly, but the 1000ml bottles are for stock solution and then there are 260ml clear plastic graduates that are used to bringing the chemistry up to processing temperature immediately before use. 2000ml Jobo bottles do exist, but they wll not fit the CPE2 and I am not sure why you would want to fill a Jobo tank with 1500, 2000 or even 1000 ml.
    The maximum load for a tank used on the CPE2 is 600ml of chemistry, if use more you will stress and eventually kill the motor.
    But the amount of liquid necessary to cover film or prints in the drums that can be used on the CPE2 should be less than 600ml anyhow.
    Some of the Jobo tanks specify minimum amounts of liquid for processing in rotational mode as well as inversion mode.
    Make sure you pick the right type of number, else you will overload the tank and waste chemistry or, worse, kill the motor.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a CPE2. I have 1000ml bottles and 600ml for storage. 2 films in a 1500 tank (2 135 or 120 film) use 260 ml solutions for developing. I use the 270ml graduates (260ml graduated, but 270 of maximum full volume) for the working solution when developing E6. Since I only have 3 of the graduates 260ml, my c-41 chemicals are stored in the 600ml botltles, and I use them when developing, using them in the processor (warming them in it).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try and get a copy of the operating manual.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The only bottles that properly work with the CPE2 are 600ml bottles, which are in stock (though not for long).
    The CPE2 manual is readily available for free on the Jobo USA website.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin