Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,502   Posts: 1,597,855   Online: 1115

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

AGFA Brovira-Speed BH310 RC Glossy Grade No.4 as Polaroid 350 Paper Negative

I have Polaroid 350 and man, I love that camera. It makes proud the owner , it is sooo good design and engineering with wonderful cooke triplet and zeiss viewfinder. I bought 100 sheets of 5x7 Brovira paper for it and I dont know any better paper than that . Its is the same price with fuji 10 pack film and I dont think that film comes near it.

What do you say about exact above paper and I am thinking neofin as a developer.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would test it for fogging first. Over I have had many packs of old Brovira-Speed and it has all been hopelessly fogged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I cannot speak on the paper, I can speak on the camera.

Not to scare or bust your bubble....but what you're looking to do, may not work as you think, well it will but you're going to have to do a lot of modification....a lot.

Remember these cameras were designed to work automatically (hence Automatic Land Camera) for Polaroid Instant films with a range of speeds between 75 and 30000 (or today 100 and 1000), with a fixed set of apertures, and shutter speed control done by the electric eye.

So to really use this paper in the camera the lens is the first thing that'll have to go...remember paper is rated much much much slower than the average piece of pack film, so the lens and shutter system in the camera isn't going to work. You're going to need to hack it out and replace it with a large format lens, something in the 110-115mm range and go all manual. It is possible, and isn't too hard.

Now, I know you are a chemist, so maybe if you can try and use that paper and start making a brand new Type-100 crack and peel B&W based on that paper...I'd back that!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Axle View Post
    While I cannot speak on the paper, I can speak on the camera.

Not to scare or bust your bubble....but what you're looking to do, may not work as you think, well it will but you're going to have to do a lot of modification....a lot.

Remember these cameras were designed to work automatically (hence Automatic Land Camera) for Polaroid Instant films with a range of speeds between 75 and 30000 (or today 100 and 1000), with a fixed set of apertures, and shutter speed control done by the electric eye.

So to really use this paper in the camera the lens is the first thing that'll have to go...remember paper is rated much much much slower than the average piece of pack film, so the lens and shutter system in the camera isn't going to work. You're going to need to hack it out and replace it with a large format lens, something in the 110-115mm range and go all manual. It is possible, and isn't too hard.

Now, I know you are a chemist, so maybe if you can try and use that paper and start making a brand new Type-100 crack and peel B&W based on that paper...I'd back that!
    I agree with what is said here. You *could* fool the shutter into acting in 'B' mode, by putting your finger (or something else) over the electric eye sensor, and then holding the shutter button down for as long as you want. That's about the only way to get manual controls on this camera. It only works with the battery in place. Without the battery, the shutter defaults to 1/60th or something like that, not nearly long enough for your use.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Camera is with me for 2 decades and I installed a 3V 1 inch diameter lithium cell in to it at 2014. I squazeed it in to compartment and between poles with paper. It works. I tried it and it can be keep opened as long as you press and close thee cell by tape or hand.

I think fog can cost money , paper is in israel and very very hot summers and it goes wrong easier than england.

I will now go to classifieds and request paper.

By the way , I am not chemist and failed at chemistry at high school

Thank you all.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    I agree with what is said here. You *could* fool the shutter into acting in 'B' mode, by putting your finger (or something else) over the electric eye sensor, and then holding the shutter button down for as long as you want.
    You do not need to block the sensor and go in "B"-mode.

You could cover the sensor with appropriate neutral-density filters and remain in automatic mode, in case the shutter control enables the respective long times.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    AgX,

If the lowest ASA setting is 70 and paper is 2 ASA , What might be the value of the filter ? 2,4,8,16,32,64 makes 2x2x2x2x2 :32
    Is that calculation is correct ? Is there f:32 neutral density filter ? I bet my calculation is wrong.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your calculation is correct. But you better write 1/32.

You could combine a D1.0 and a D0.6 density filter.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    AgX and all ,

Had anyone of you read that polaroid 350 or closer class camera light cells have a sensivity to extend the exposure time correctly when the exposure time is needed 20 seconds for 70 ASA setting ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin