Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,699   Online: 1153

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodabromide Paper A

In searching for a step tablet I could use with my gum printing on Sunday I came across a Kodak Master Darkroom Dataguide for B&W from 1978 on my shelf. In this it has a section where sample images are printed on little rectangles of different Kodak B&W papers and the Kodabromide Paper A really stands out with smooth, neutral tones and DEEP blacks! This paper has, I know, been discontinued for quite a while, but sometimes I wish Mr. Peabody would show up and we could go get some of these older, discontinued papers (and learn a moral in the process).

Any fond remembrances of this discontinued paper? Makes me also wish I could try out some Agfa Brovira...*sigh*
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You actually remember Mr. Peabody? That's a good thing!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Peabody here in the Wayback Machine....

Ohhh, Mr. Wizard....

Tweezle-de-dee, Tweezle-de-Doo. Time for this one to come home!

All I can say is: Yes, I miss Kodabromide and Brovira too but, I also look forward to experimenting with new papers, developers and toners.

Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look at garage sales and old stuff from used camera sales, Kodabromide shows up from time to time. I've played with some in the past few years that I find that way, and it is fun to work with. Too bad there isn't a steady supply to get a better feel for it. tim

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I used Brovira a lot but what I really liked was Agfa Insignia that one I do miss

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray C.
    Peabody here in the Wayback Machine....

Ohhh, Mr. Wizard....

Tweezle-de-dee, Tweezle-de-Doo. Time for this one to come home!

All I can say is: Yes, I miss Kodabromide and Brovira too but, I also look forward to experimenting with new papers, developers and toners.

Regards

Wasn't it "Twizzle-Twazzle"??? It's been awhile!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I asked a photographer friend of mine which paper was his favorite he replied "kodabromide" but of course alas it is no longer made, I too wish i could try it out.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I got a full unopened box of Gr 2 of that and when I ran my tests with it using a step wedge, it was almost a dead ringer to AZO as far as the exposure scale goes. It is a beautiful paper with no signs of serious fogging.
    "EVERY film and paper is good .......... for something"
    Phil Davis

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Jermey

The paper that I really miss are Ilford Ilfomar and Kodak Ectalure.
    I really wish some smart cookie in NA would decide to take over a small coating alley and produce some of these old papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For myself I desprately continue to search for any brand that will give me the
    same tones, rich blacks and fantastic highlites that Dupont Velour Black grades 2 and 3 delivered. I have a few sheets left in the freezer, but really hesitate to use them. For me it was simply the best and easiest paper I have ever used to make display prints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin