Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,189   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've developed two rolls of HP5+ today, and everything worked out well, except from one spiral being too old, thus... chewing film! Oh well, since the negs turned out fine and i've only lost three exposures of one film, i won't whine.

So, since i follow the same procedure every time, and everything works well, i think that the Tri-X negatives turned out overdeveloped at the lower 1/3 of each exposure because of that water tub accident. It's the only difference in that development, so i guess that it was the problem. Just in case anybody was wondering!

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Did you have enough developer in the tank to fully cover the film? Maybe the lighter density was really at the top and the darker density at the bottom?

I see this a lot at school where students are not very careful about measing or when they let the developer drip from the stainless steel and they loose a good portion of the developer.

Just a thought

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i made sure that i used the right amount of developer so the whole spiral was covered.
    Yes, i'm sure i did have enough developer in, Mike...
    Thank you though, for trying to help!

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin