Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,813   Online: 850

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega now distributes Foma

I saw a new price list from Omega and they are now carrying Foma products. I like the look of Foma 100, and they are listing not only roll film, but also 4x5, 5x7(!), and 8x10 sizes. I thought that Kodak had sued to keep Foma from being imported, was there some sort of settlement?

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this mean they aren't handling Forte anymore?

IIRC Kodak got a T grain type film blocked but the older stuff was not blocked.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    J&C Classic films are (I'm told) rebranded Forte. J&C sells Foma films under Foma's name; they have the Classic 100, Creative 200, and Action 400 in 35 mm and 120, and Fomapan 100 in centimeter sheet sizes, currenly only 9x12, but they have carried 13x18 and 18x24 as well (I see those sizes being sold off as "defective" apparently due to emulsion problems; perhaps we'll see them in stock again when a new batch is available).

The Foma T200 that was the core of the conflict with Kodak has been relabeled as "Creative 200" and is, AFAIK, imported without problems now that the labeling doesn't infringe Kodak's trademarks.

It would be nice to have another B&W choice in the inch sheet sizes; perhaps (now that Foma is being cut in those sizes) J&C will pick them up as well. I like Fomapan 100 quite a lot in 9x12...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Con you post a link to Omega? I tried to buy Foma from J&C but their website responds that "they have insufficient supply" for even one roll of classic in 120.

TIA,

Thomas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin