Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,275   Posts: 1,681,091   Online: 840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    loads of detail in the shadows so no underexposed....had you exposed at 200 it would have been less contrasty. I would therefore say that under flat conditions you dont expose at 200, but 320/400 and develop more. this will increase contrast. 200 will reduce it further. I do this with hp5. I use box speed and manufacturers dev time for street shots in the UK under flattish light in normal devs and cut speed to 260ish when shooting under contrasty light and cut dev time to control contrast. Try Barry Thorntons "Edge of Darkness" for more on simple ways to deal with contrast.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Saganich
    Your dissapointed because there isn't enough snap in the buildings or the sky is blown out? It is difficult to get'em both. A split grade print will look fine.

Chris
    yeah, I want more snap in the buildings, when I print it, I will make sure to tell the lab to dodge the sky. But I think a large format would help in this situation .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin