Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,591   Online: 1020

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkjet
    The situation is and has been, since Fred sold the company, that Brilliant VC is Ilford MGIV1K...double weight gloss. Ilford kept on supplying MGIII for a while, but had to switch to IV around 1997. The Graded paper that everyone loved, including me, was French, then switched to Kentmere, the maker of Luminos papers. That is the absolute skinny on that.

stinkjet
    What stinkjet has recounted is exactly what I have heard. I'd add to it only that the reason why they couldn't continue supplying MGIII was that Ilford needed to switch the facility's production to graphic arts products. The MGIV1K that was subsequently supplied came from another facility (I believe the surviving Ilford Photo facility).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looking a the price this paper is quite cheap. It might be worth trying. Only 8x10 and 11x14 though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Zone VI Paper

I know I had the first VC paper that Zone VI had made for them. It was really nice paper. Unfortunately I had NO clue what I was doing at that time with VC paper and unloaded the entire lot to Midwest Photo. That paper was extremely nice. Have no clue what the new paper is like but is probably worth trying as I would doubt that it is EXACTLY like MGIV-otherwise why would they rebrand it? Report back to us....
    Best, Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin