Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,406   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Strange patterns on negative

I need your help in identifying the strange honeycomb patterns that showed up in some of the negatives from the latest roll that I got back from the lab. It was my first roll of SFX200 (135). A negative scan is attached below which illustrates the problem I am referring to. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me

1) what these are
    2) can these be fixed? If yes, how.

Thank you in advance for your help.

(Nikon FM10, Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AF at f/8 and 1/125, Ilford SFX200, Nikon R60 filter)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9511-R1-27-27.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    THE REPTILES ARE COMING, THE REPTILES ARE COMING!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Seriously, it looks to me like they might have dried the film with a hot air system that was set way too high. It looks like the emulsion may have cracked and shrunk. I'd talk to the lab about the problem...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    It could be a bubble pattern. You might get a similar pattern in in the bubbles on the surface of a solution of foaming detergent. Can you still get stuff for bubble baths? I think those bubbles would assume the hexagonal shape when they are crowded together.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like the remains of leftover over agitated sheeting agent. You might try rewashing and then use photoflo to see it if helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats the result of air-bubbles in the developer and you should go back to the lab & complain. It's too severe to be anything else.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to save the images.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for your help.

PS: Bob, you are funny..

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin