Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,652   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll go along with the static electricity/dark slide theory. I had this happen once last summer. Of the six sheets I exposed on one day, five of them had similar lines. They were very fine but noticeable on close examination. The film was J&C 200 developed in trays with ABC pyro. Never had the same problem before or since, not to say it won't happen again.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've seen static discharges on film and they are never straight and parallel. They wonder or are curves and often have many little line coming off a main line. They almost look like caterpillars or spots with hairs coming out.

Try processing an unexposed sheet. I think its a manufacturing issue.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric, if it is a film defect it will show up one any films right out of the box - why not grab one sheet and process it in a tray to eliminate other variables. Just a thought.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Eric

I would agree with the Static cause. I would not attribute it to a Manufacturing Flaw.
    One suggestion, I have seen photflow cause plus density on film that gives a somewhat uneven straight line across the image..(prints as white line), though I am not sure this is the case . a quick inspecton of the film will tell as you will see the buildup on the emulsion or base, if it is base side it will wash off easily , if it is the emulsion side , you are s.o.o.l

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thans for all your help everyone. I was hoping to get out today to expose another sheet or two and develop them. Unfortunately I'm stuck working on my website so will have to do the dev'ing tomorrow.

Stay tuned as they say! Oh ya, checked the other sheets I had shot from the same batch and they are all fine.

The mystery of it all LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alternate theory time:

Have you eliminated the possibility of a newly opened pinhole in the bellows?
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin