Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,638   Online: 1176

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Prescysol Timings

Hi Folks

I have just exposed some HP5 in 35mm at 400 asa - anyone any ballpark timings in Prescyscol at 20c. I normally rate HP5 at 250 and dev in ID11 for 11:30mins.

Thanks

Carl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I played a bit with this combo last fall. I'm reading this while eating lunch at work and not by my darkroom notes but I recall using the recommended times/temps that came with the material and then ended up adding about 10% for my techniques and equipment (incident metering, dichro head printing to MG materials). I liked the stain color and it behaved well with MG papers/filtering. Very sharp and emulsion speeds were decent. I ended up at 320 for HP5+ in 120. I likely would have ordered more and kept on using it but when the super-cold season hits where I live, the shipment of liquid chems never seems to go too well for me!
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use 10.5 minutes at 70 degrees F ISA 200, 120 HP5+ in a rollfilm tank, which is what they recommend for semi-stand. Adding 10% (12 minutes maybe?) is probably about right for ISA 400, but you might come out underexposed and overdeveloped depending on the subject. This developer does not seem to vary a lot with time changes, which makes it interesting to use. I do a couple of different types of film together every once in a while and they come out fine.

That timing is for semi-stand, which is according to the directions they send. I think 90 seconds initial and then 10 seconds every 3 minutes, but I'm not sure.

The semi-stand seems to work the best, which is what they say.

They mention something about 2 baths in the instructions too. Ignore it.

Good luck,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks folks...

I give it a go. I did read the info on the site about rating film at recommended settings but as they vary so widely its hard to believe how accurate this advice is - unless the fdeveloper is that good!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin