I spent the day breaking new ground in every direction. Developing 8x10 negs in J&C tubes with Pyrocat-HD. Previously I'd never developed sheet film larger than 4x5, and it was in tanks with non-staining developers. Aside from an initial screw-up that lost me 2 negs (someday I'll do something right the first time...), I wound up with 8 pretty good looking negs. 6 FP4+ & 2 HP5+. I used the times from Sandy King's article on Unblinking Eye with an aim towards Azo prints, and things seem to have gone pretty well. I took the negs out of the tubes after the dev/stop and fixed/cleared/washed in trays. I didn't notice any scratches... despite one of the negs falling out of the tube when I changed dumped the pre-soak and put in the dev. We'll see when they're dry and I can take a closer look on the light board.
Next week I'll get to printing a couple of them. And then I have to load up some holders with the 8x10 Efke 100 and J&C 100 I recently got and see how that works out.