Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,179   Online: 825

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yikes! How did I let THAT happen!

I can't believe that I almost screwed the pooch today.

I just ran a couple of rolls of 120 Tri-X, only to find upon opening the tank that my fixer was dead. I've NEVER let that happen in 30 years of processing film! Thankfully, I had a new container of Rapid Fix and was able to mix and re-fix...

There's a first time for everything...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just when you think it's safe to go into the darkroom, something will bite you on the toe and remind you that you are working with living things LOL

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Bob,

Maybe I have an answer for you. To get ready for platinum printing Iíve been developing film in Bostick & Sullivanís Rollo Pyro in a Jobo CPP-2. Their instruction is to use 350ml of fixer one time and then throw it away. Fixer never goes bad that way. The local college lets me put it through their recovery unit to avoid polluting our septic system. Iíve been so happy with the results that even when I plan to print on Kodak Polymax silver paper I use the pyro developer. Of course I have to remember to test the paper fixer, so sooner or later it will catch up to me.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin