Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,894   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Nicole, have you tried Xtol 1:1 with those films? Curious about the difference between the full strength and 1:1 dilution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Hortense! Highpeak (wish I knew your real names) no I have only tried Xtol at full strength so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nicole

Great result from the beginning, but if you ever will see the ultimate sharpness take a TMAX 100 or the Ilford Delta 100 or Fuji Acros 100, 35mm and take your sharpest prime lens and soup them in XTol and make an enlargement 30x40cm or 40x50 cm and some people will ask you was it MF?
    And then say no it was only XTol!
    Good luck and good light!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love Xtol, and I've used it since the year it came out. I often use it diluted 1 + 2 or 1 + 3, mainly to get reasonable development times in my Jobo at 75F. I've stored Xtol for a very long time in a plastic tank with a floating lid. I've never had "xtol failure", and I've never heard a good explanation as to what happened to those who did. For me the combination of easy mixing, long storage capacity, fine grain, high sharpness, and slight speed increase can't be beat.

-Peter
    www.desmidt.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Good to see your XTOL pics and that you are getting on well with XTOL. I have been using XTOL neat for TriX and HP5+ since it came out (8 mins at 20 C) and get very printable negs (rated @ 400 ISO). Lately have been using it also for Neopan 400 and 1600 (also at 8 mins in neat XTOL). Results with Neopan look good as well. I usually put six cassettes through a litre of XTOL (not all on the same session) then chuck the litre. I always use the 5 litre packs and store in 5 1 litre brown glass bottles. I find part used XTOL keeps well for 12 weeks or so and unused for at least 6 months.

All the best,

Neil

Images
    The strangest thing happened the other day. A friend called me and said that he was standing in front of a store with walls, a door and windows where you can actually purchase film and darkroom supplies. You can even buy things there without having a computer or an internet connection and you can pay with something called "Money" instead of filling in a form on your monitor. I vaguely remember that they used to call stores of this kind a "Photoshop" (Obviously a rip off from Adobe).

Anyway, I told him that if they have Xtol, pick some up for me. They did, he did and I'm looking forward to trying it.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    The strangest thing happened the other day. A friend called me and said that he was standing in front of a store with walls, a door and windows where you can actually purchase film and darkroom supplies. You can even buy things there without having a computer or an internet connection and you can pay with something called "Money" instead of filling in a form on your monitor. I vaguely remember that they used to call stores of this kind a "Photoshop" (Obviously a rip off from Adobe).

Anyway, I told him that if they have Xtol, pick some up for me. They did, he did and I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Be careful. It may not be legal to exchange "cash" for photographic chemistry among human beings, at least in some U.S. jurisdictions. Check your local laws carefully...

To be completely safe, I now only develop in Urine, self produced only after consuming pure grain alcohol and rain water, and fix with Windex (still known legal in all 50 states).

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

NEOPAN IN XTOL? Have you tried it? What did you think? Do you have examples?

Neal congratulations, I'm sure you'll love the Xtol!

Occasionally I have been shooting Neopan 400 and 1600 but have been getting them developed at the pro lab in TMax until now.

Has anyone had any experience in developing them in Xtol?

Neopan in Xtol?
    Have you tried it?
    What did you think?
    Do you have examples?

Cheers, Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin