Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 782

Shooter
    Multi Format

fomapan T200 + XTOL

Hello, does anyone know how to develop fomapan 'creative' t200 in Xtol?
    I'm particulary interested in development times at higher dilutions (1+1,1+2,1+3), any suggestions?
    Regards, Piotr Hernik

Images
    Good Evening, Piotr,

Sorry I can't help with the Xtol, but I've had very good result with Fomapan 200 and HC-110B. Five minutes is a good starting point. So far, after about half a dozen rolls, I have a good impression of Fomapan 200. Its box rating seems about right, and it has a very normal tonality, both outdoors and with flash.

I've noted three drawbacks, none of them of any great import: 1)the film base is very thin and slightly tricky to get centered and anchored in a SS reel; 2)the film is very resistant to puncture, and getting a film clip through it takes more effort than with most other films, and 3)it dries with a bit of a curl and needs a little time reverse-curled in a film reel after it's dry.

Considering that I paid only around $1.00/roll for it at J and C, Fomapan has been a good bargain. Good luck with your Xtol attempts.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Piotr,

Some hints from our Belgium customer (APUG-NL forum):

PS. De foma 200 is voor mij de verrassing van het jaar. Ik heb uitmuntende resultaten bereikt met deze film in XTOL 1:1 (7:30 min - elke 60s. kiepen)

De foma 200 is voor mij de verrassing van het jaar. = The Foma 200 is for me the surprice of the year.
    on iso 160.

Personal experience with this film: Foma 200 on iso 80: SPUR HRX-2, 1+29 4:30 Min.

@ Konical: This US price is increadible low, like all film prices in the USA.

Robert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Foma Excel is very, very close to Xtol, so take that time as a starting point. They do not give any dilution times. Did you look at digitaltruth?

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin