Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,732   Posts: 1,670,331   Online: 973

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

AGFA Green Sensitive X-ray film Test Shots

My first attempt at using X-ray film

Shen Hao 4x5 TZ45 IIB
    Wisner Convertible Plasmat @ 227mm
    f/9.6 @ 1 Second - Rated @ 100 ISO
    AGFA Green Sensitive X-ray film
    Hanger Development for 8 Minutes - Rodinal 1:200

Negative Scans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img021.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	112973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img022.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	368.1 KB 
ID:	112974
    "it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What kind of Agfa x-ray film is it? I think there are a couple of variations of green sensitive Agfa, I recently bought some Ortho CP-G plus which I've cut down to 9x12.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by apkujeong View Post
    What kind of Agfa x-ray film is it? I think there are a couple of variations of green sensitive Agfa, I recently bought some Ortho CP-G plus which I've cut down to 9x12.
    It is marked on the box as "G-Plus". Hope this helps..
    "it’s so easy to get famous now. Have a big butt and an Instagram account."...Naomi Grossman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably the same stuff, your processing times will be helpful; thanks! I developed a few sheets of 9x12cm (cut down) but the temperature was so high in my darkroom (about 26C) that I've stopped testing until the weather cools a bit (my darkroom is in a basement room without aircon).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Fuji HRT green sensitive film. Afga looks a bit sharper. Since it's green sensitivity, do you process it under a red safelight. Fuji HRT had emulsions on both sides and scratches easily. Is it the same with Agfa?
    “We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.”

― Tom Waits

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    I use Fuji HRT green sensitive film. Afga looks a bit sharper. Since it's green sensitivity, do you process it under a red safelight. Fuji HRT had emulsions on both sides and scratches easily. Is it the same with Agfa?

I actually cut, load and develop under an OC safelight pointed a the Ceiling . The Agfa also has emulsion on both sides and it does scratch easily. I think the scratches I’m getting are from my cutting process and not during development.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by apkujeong View Post
    Probably the same stuff, your processing times will be helpful; thanks! I developed a few sheets of 9x12cm (cut down) but the temperature was so high in my darkroom (about 26C) that I've stopped testing until the weather cools a bit (my darkroom is in a basement room without aircon).
    I did not do a lot of testing but this combination seems to be working. The next test will be using it out in the field.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I think Xray film is great value

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
    I actually cut, load and develop under an OC safelight pointed a the Ceiling . The Agfa also has emulsion on both sides and it does scratch easily. I think the scratches I’m getting are from my cutting process and not during development.
    Despite Xray film's quirks, it's a great film as long as you know it's limitations. But processing the film under a safelight is a real convenience. I've also experimented with the film for making enlarged copy negs. I make an 8x10 print from a small neg then sandwich the print on Xray film. It works pretty well. It's process I don't use anymore. I've used hybrid processes to make my alternative process negs.
    “We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.”

― Tom Waits

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's another on I shot yesterday too.. Same stats as above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img023.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	113057

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where did you buy or get this film? I may try some myself if not too expensive.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin