Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,006   Online: 888

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telerium toner

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Aristoteles, I think you've got some kind of "Delirium toner" in Creta, it's used a bit differently than the other toners (you actually have to drink it) but the effect is really interesting. It's called Raki, or Tsikoudia. I don't know whether there is a recipe in the Darkroom Cookbook, though.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have heard from Herr Moersch. George you are correct. He is a very nice man. He informed me that his past efforts to tone in tellerium with silver/gelatin fiber based paper have been unsucessful. He believes in might work...he not tried it..with some of the alternate processes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Way off topic, George and Aristo, but i'm interested in "delerium toner" too. I've had some combinations before, too. Raki doesn't mix well with other "psychic toners", that's for sure... Care must be taken! =)

Claire, this "tellerium toner" sounds interesting. Hope you'll make it and i'll be waiting on my screen.

-Sino.
    Close your eyes to see. This will take a while.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Claire, if Wolfgang Moersch hasn't succeeded to tone in Tellerium, I'm pretty sure noone will (unless he hasn't really tried, which I doubt). The guy is just a genius, in my humble opinion. I've been at his lab outside Koeln, seen lots of his work and trust me, I know what I'm talking about... As for his brews (print developers, mostly), they are brilliant (I'm not trying to advertise his products, I have no reason to do that...). All the lith printing I have been doing is with his Lith developer and you can't imagine how easy it goes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tellurium toner souldn't give much of a change in color.
    Silver telluride is gray

Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    Claire, if Wolfgang Moersch hasn't succeeded to tone in Tellerium, I'm pretty sure noone will (unless he hasn't really tried, which I doubt). The guy is just a genius, in my humble opinion. I've been at his lab outside Koeln, seen lots of his work and trust me, I know what I'm talking about... As for his brews (print developers, mostly), they are brilliant (I'm not trying to advertise his products, I have no reason to do that...). All the lith printing I have been doing is with his Lith developer and you can't imagine how easy it goes...
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm
    George, I am trusting your word. No reason to doubt it have I. I did send to Photo techniques, attention Dr. Robert Chanpman, a question regarding a recipe for making a tellerium toner and the process for its use. My reason for doing so was not to doubt Herr Moersch. Rather, my reson was that he was the one that had issued such an opinion in the first place.

I do not know, of course, if Dr. Chapman, will choose to answer the question. However, I do look forward to either getting an "I was wrong.", "Here is how it is done". or "This is what you might try in compounding a toner based on tellerium".

My guess would be for third option: "This is what you might try in compounding a tellerium toner".

We shall see.

Thankful am I to those of you that offered help. I do not need a delerium toner as I have sufficients fights of fancy that are already dashed upon the cruel rocks of reality. Such a toner would only compound my confusion and be of unnecssary expense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin