Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,112   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like to experiment too. From the chart on the Dow website, the pH of a 2% TEA solution looks to be about 9.9, a 1% solution about 9.7, and a .5% solution about 9.5 or 6. Not such a big difference? I can't remember who it was on the pure-silver list that reported excellent results from the 50/50 mixture, but it was somebody I trusted. So what I'm getting at here is that we could make up the concentrate from a 50/50 mixture and end up with a working solution pH between 9.5 and 9.7 for developer dilutions between 1:50 to 1:100.

Theoretically. When my current batch is gone, I'll give it a try.

Images
    I'm sure it will work. Just don't be too upset if the very high dilutions are being starved. At 1+50, you get only 2 grams of ascorbic acid in a liter of working solution. That seems to be about as active as D-76 when the solvent is all TEA. Now, if you are going to mix half and half glycol and TEA for solvent, relatively more of the TEA goes to neutralizing the ascorbic acid. In other words, the net pH of the whole mess and the availability of enough reducing agent to do the job before it peters out are both concerns. But you're going to experiment, so have at it.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin