Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,982   Online: 903

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    nice thank you for the infos
    let's see if someone wants to add something, especially about iodide..

Shooter
    35mm
    btw, mongo, negatives were 'not unprintable' or 'good' ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Perikles
    btw, mongo, negatives were 'not unprintable' or 'good' ?
    Good. Very good, actually. Easy to print (grade 2 - 2.5 mostly). Nice tonality. Sharp. I'll probably be waiting 90 minutes for a lot of negatives in the future.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    nice thanks, I will try it soon. It seems that the adiacency effect is more evident with slow/medium films. Your opinion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Perikles
    nice thanks, I will try it soon. It seems that the adiacency effect is more evident with slow/medium films. Your opinion?
    I can't speculate on the difference with faster films, as I no longer shoot anything faster than Fomapan 200 in 120, and I develop all of my sheet film in a rotary processor (pretty much the exact opposite of stand development).
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

rodinal stand dev

I am very interested in trying this technique to explore the benefits it may bestow on some very low contrast scenes. But ......I use sheet film ,both 4x5 and 5x7, developed in trays. 2+ hrs is a wee bit long to stand around in the dark. I thinking more along the lines of 1:100 at around 20-30 mins any thoughts. I have tried Ansco 47 at 4:1 for 30 min with agitation the first min then 15 sec agitation every 5 mins for 30 mins total. Haven't printed the negatives yet but I was dismayed at the amount of overall fog. I have yet to determine if it is just characteristic of that developer or it was just old(1yr).
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin