Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,096   Online: 1005

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MG IV PEARL RC -V- FB

Does anyone know of a Fiber paper that has the apperance of Ilfords RC Pearl paper? I like the look of the Pearl but prefer using Fiber.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To my experience the glossy fiber papers have more of the appearance of pearl than RC gloss. I've compared Ilford MGD IV RC pearl which I use reguraly to the FB glossy variety and the difference is slight.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    To my experience the glossy fiber papers have more of the appearance of pearl than RC gloss. I've compared Ilford MGD IV RC pearl which I use reguraly to the FB glossy variety and the difference is slight.
    Thank you arigram,
    Have you tried Fiber MATT? I think it is used for hand coloring but it may simply be flatter than gloss. Any idea?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use Forte glossy and let it dry on its own - It has a shiny pearl look to it - but not the coarse cobblestone plastic look - it is smoother.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used the ilford MGIV FB Matt, and I like the tonality of it, i have not toned or colored it so i don't know how it willl handle, one thing i did notice it the dry down effect, which i never noticed with RC. Also i've talked to a lot of people who do not like the ilford mgiv fb matt because it is "too matt" it is in fact REALLY flat, but i don't mind it. Though i do want to try the glossy fb.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would say Oriental VC might be what you are looking for. I have used Oriental G3. By far the best have used. The finish should be about the same. Ilford FB MGIV WT semi-matt is in my experience is very flat with no sheen at all. It takes KRST very well and will go purple-brown at 7-10 min. at 1:9 though. The color change is dramatic and a effect I liked. Freestyle is supposed to release a new line a EDU & Premium papers this month. They may have something that suits your need.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin