Thanks, Jim.

Mike, that's interesting you have a traditional '125' rating...isn't that the 'real' terrestrial speed for 'normal' tri-X?

My 5" 2402 is apparently not a Kodak stock item, made to order for customers.

The datasheet for 2402 is interesting insofar as the intended processing is a whole different world. Special hot (99 F) chemistry, speedy tanks, ISO dependent upon chemistry and feet per minute and number of tanks. This is probably all true for other film subjected to all those variables, but the wide range of results on the datasheet was an eye opener.

Local lab told me their wasn't much point in running the pre-exposed test strips because they had nearly nothing to do with how I would use it. I have no dark room, if it's not apparent. Cutting this film in the dark has been a little traumatic too. Hopefully humorous...

Having only worked with 35mm & 120 in school, I stuck the 5"x10" or so spool in it's cannister cap to keep it from rolling as I rolled some film off. I pulled too hard & it hopped off the lid and began rolling across the bathroom floor, as I franticly rolled and rolled to keep it from touching the floor. When I caught up with the roll I saw oblique light coming under the door, so I grabbed a towel & stuffed it under the door...no fogging, luckily.

Then I built a double bracket & shaft (long partially threaded bolt & nut) to hold the reel, but I couldn't seem to get the bolt through the bracket in the dark with the weight of the spool on it. The spark of the tape coming off the film was not expected either, but no harm done.

Hopefully my next adventure with the big spool will be uneventful. Local lab offered to let me come in & use their night vision IR goggles.