Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,885   Online: 840

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall
    As an aside, I shoot Maco at an EI of 1/2. It has to do with developer (PMK) and how much shadow detail one wants.
    Bob, Is that [SIZE=1]E.I. 0.5?[/SIZE] Not 1/2 the box speed (800)? May I ask your Time/Temp for PMK for normal development?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole

which Lee filter will you be using? And I assume the Heliopan has the 50% cut-off at 695? So that's kind of close to an 89B, isn't it?

just wondering.
    allan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiyen
    So what filters are you guys going to be using with this film?

allan
    As I do not have any very dark (somewhat opaque) filters I will be using a B&W Orange/Red and a Red Filter.
    I hope it will give me some effect. If it doesn't I will head out and find one that I can borrow from one of my photo buddies in the photo club.

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    As I do not have any very dark (somewhat opaque) filters I will be using a B&W Orange/Red and a Red Filter.
    I hope it will give me some effect.
    Morten, I found this on Wolfgang Moersch's homepage and it has been done with an R29 filter. http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/bi...9867508324.jpg
    To me this is a nice balance between effect/sharpness/tone.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce (Camclicker)
    Bob, Is that [size=1]E.I. 0.5?[/size] Not 1/2 the box speed (800)? May I ask your Time/Temp for PMK for normal development?
    Yes, 1/2 ASA so I give 2 seconds at f/16 (although I shoot at f/32 - f/64 most of the time) And may add reciprocity on to that. My standard shot is 30 Seconds at f/64 (to a minute if there is no wind) and I just last night cut down my pmk amount to 1.5 times the reccomended amount from twice the usual. So I used 1.5 + 3 + 100 and in a jobo at 24C (warmer than regularly stated) for 13 minutes with the rotation at 25rpm. I've used higher, but I get streaking on the film. This prints on Pt/Pd well or on silver at about a grade 1.5 to 2, but I usually contrast mask the neg and print much higher (like a grade 4).

I use acid stop, acid fix (have found no problems with this at all BTW) and use HCA not the leftover developer as it only adds to base fog, not overall stain.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I hope it will give me some effect. If it doesn't I will head out and find one that I can borrow from one of my photo buddies in the photo club.

Morten
    My experience with this film, is that anything less than a deep red (695nm cut off or greater) will yield little ir effect.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiyen
    Ole

which Lee filter will you be using? And I assume the Heliopan has the 50% cut-off at 695? So that's kind of close to an 89B, isn't it?

just wondering.
    allan
    That's what I'm assuming about the Heliopan too - I hope we're right.

The Lee filter is an 87, transmission above 720nm. It is a little on the "dark" side for MACO 820c, in my experience. But it gives a wonderful "wood effect", I've shot it at about EI 3 with this filter. I'm hoping the Heliopan will be better suited for 35mm photography, maybe even handheld.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got the filter, I've got the film, I've got the camera - and I've even got around to exposing it!

I guessed at EI 12 with this filter, based on what I've seen from the 820c film. Turned out the Bessa L's meter agreed with me, which is a first!

I've also ordered some Rodinal, since it might be a good idea to try a developer that someone else uses too
    Film will be developed as soon as the Rodinal arrives.
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I posted this in a different place, but I'll put it here too sincei it's relevant. I exposed my first roll of this film at ISO 400. I used a range of filters over the course of the roll (Lee 25, Wratten 89B, Harrison 88A, Lee 87), under bright sunlight and cloudy, pre-thunderstorm conditions, and developed as follows in a Patterson tank.

1 minute prewash (2 changes of water, 1st was dark blue, 2nd was light blue). I used D76 stock for 11 minutes. I agitated for 10 sec. once every 30 sec. (does that make sense)? I used a 30 sec. water stop, a 3 min. fix and final water wash (5 inversions of the tank, empty, refill, 10 inversions, empty, refill, and finally 20 inversions).
    Diane

Halak 41

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Diane, any quick visual estimates of how the negatives look? Clear or black? Hard or soft? "Thin" or "thick"? Shadow tonality or clear film? Just so we can have a chance of guessing how to adjust development
    Norway

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin