Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,822   Online: 832

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acros 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I develop Acros in Rodinal and in Pyrocat...different results, but both lovely. Acros is a wonderful film, and as mentioned above has fantastic recipricatory characteristics. It's my favorite of the "differently-grained" films; personally I'll take over Delta or TMAX any day.

I wish Fuji would do two things: One: import it into the US in sheet film sizes but not in Quickloads. (You can buy it from a few places that import it themselves, but the price seems out of line.) Two: stop punching the little hole in the corner of the 4x5 film. I know someone, somewhere loves to use that little hole to hang their film to dry, but the *%$&^ hole is in the image area...and that's just wrong.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like Acros - particularly when I want to use Quickloads. I tray develop it in Ilford DD-X, 1:4, for about 8 ½ minutes.

[COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's beautiful, Ralph!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    I know someone, somewhere loves to use that little hole to hang their film to dry,
    I have only tried this film in quickload and 120, but it's a great film for night shots. I used one of these negs for my print exchange.

I do love to use that little hole to hang my film to dry.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I do love to use that little hole to hang my film to dry.
    I'm very happy for you Diane...but the little hole still sucks. (Why, oh why, couldn't they have put it closer to the edge? It's not like wet film weighs that much.)
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes the hole is in a bad place, I agree.
    Diane

Halak 41

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz
    Just wondering if many of you use Acros 100 film and what you like or dislike about it. Having read recent threads, I know many peoples favorite 100 speed films are Delta 100, APX 100, FP4 etc., but there is not much mention of Acros.

I have been using it for a year now and I am fairly happy with it in Tmax developer 1:4. Does anyone have alternative developing info for using Tmax at a weaker dilution or any experience souping this film in Rodinal or Rodinal Special? (apart from Digitaltruth.com)

Peter
    ACROS has replaced Delta 100 in my medium speed film arsenal. I love the creamy tones and fine grain. I develop it in my Phenidone/Vitamin C/Carbonate homebrew (see elsewhere in this forum for formulas that I've posted) for 7 minutes at 72 degrees or 7:30 at 70. I don't agree that it lacks accutance. I think the developer you use makes a difference.

Larry

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This thread inspired me to shoot a roll of Acros 100 that a shop owner gave me. I filled it with some outdoor portraits of my daughter. I developed it last night in Rodinal 1:50, 20c, 11.5min. They turned out well with an exceptionally clear film base compared to the Deltas and Tmax. Is this normal? Does it affect printing or contrast in printing?
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz
    Just wondering if many of you use Acros 100 film and what you like or dislike about it. Having read recent threads, I know many peoples favorite 100 speed films are Delta 100, APX 100, FP4 etc., but there is not much mention of Acros.

I have been using it for a year now and I am fairly happy with it in Tmax developer 1:4. Does anyone have alternative developing info for using Tmax at a weaker dilution or any experience souping this film in Rodinal or Rodinal Special? (apart from Digitaltruth.com)

Peter
    I've been using Acros since it became available and it's predecessor Fuji SS
    100 which you could only buy at Silverprint in the UK, imported from USA I
    think. I am also long time Rodinal user, it's my favorite general dev and you will good results with Acros.
    But if you want to see best Acros can do, have go with DiXactol Ultra
    using partial stand one bath method. The Negs are superb using DiXactol Ultra.
    Regards JON

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, that's pretty normal. It should not affect things in the darkroom. You will have to do test strips, of course (or whatever method you use to determine exposurte). But print them up...it will be worthwhile to hear your feelings on it!

I think all the info we can get Peter, the better off we all are!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin