Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 788

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acros 100

Images
    Just did my first Acros 100 4X5 last night. If it were any sharper, I'd cut myself handling the prints. I used my own stock soup of phenidone and ascorbic acid dissolved in propylene glycol diluted 1+50 with water and added 1.5 parts of triethanolamine (TEA) for activator. Developed for 8 minutes at 68F.

The recipe has appeared several times, but just in case:
    Stock A:
    100 ml propylene glycol
    10 grams ascorbic or isoascorbic acid
    0.25 grams phenidone
    heat to about 150F to dissolve.

Both Propylene glycol and TEA are obtainable at www.chenistrystore.com.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    That didn't come out right. The stock is to be diluted 1+50. The stock is made with full strength glycol.
    Gadget Gainer

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmelas
    They turned out well with an exceptionally clear film base compared to the Deltas and Tmax. Is this normal? Does it affect printing or contrast in printing?
    James
    I wondered about this too, but when I did my "maximum black with minimum exposure" test, it came out about the same as the more colored film base from Delta 100 and 400. Maybe a little less time, but nothing to write home about.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

I tried it for the first time a few weeks back. It was also the first film I have developed since being in shorts, and the first time I'd used my Yashica LM.

I realy like it - lovely tones, little or no grain, wonderful latitude, and nice and sharp too.

I developed it in Rodinal 1+100 for 18 minutes with agitation for 15s for the first three minutes, then one inversion every three minutes.

Couldn't have asked for a better first time result. The only problem is that it is not as readily available in the shop I usually go to as some others.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whow, I haven't had a chance to turn the computer on since Friday and this morning I discover all this feedback. I wish I had found apug.org years ago.

Thanks all,
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    I have largely given up on this film sadly. I regularly soup Ilford old and new grain films with no difficulty at all but Across 100 i find incredibly susceptible to air bells/bubbles.
    I don't think that it has been mentioned elsewhere, but this film needs a pre-soak of about 5 minutes.
    Good luck.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Re 'Across 100 i find incredibly susceptible to air bells/bubbles', perhaps that has to do with your water for some reason, for a photographer I know in Vancouver told me he stopped using Delta 100 because every time he developed it the tank's liquid contents became very bubbly/foamy. He now uses only Acros 100 successfully.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Great film. I've done it in D-76 straight, Rodinal 1:50, PMK and now in pyrocat. Can't seem to go bad with any of them. John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thecure
    I have largely given up on this film sadly. I regularly soup Ilford old and new grain films with no difficulty at all but Across 100 i find incredibly susceptible to air bells/bubbles.
    I don't think that it has been mentioned elsewhere, but this film needs a pre-soak of about 5 minutes.
    Good luck.
    Hm... I've never pre-soaked it & never had a problem. Sorry to hear of the problems you've had with it.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the pre-soak is a recommendation from the Data Sheet. Can be concerning the first time you try it as the discarded soak is a dark purple.

Thanks for the advice re-water. The area i live in is a hard water area so i try and filter anything to be used in the soup, but I tended to use ID-11 with Acros and therefore had no control on the 40degree element in that mix. Perhaps in light of that, i need to consider a different developer!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin