Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,632   Online: 990

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Acros 100

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi, Everyone is very sharing with the process times, dilutions, likes, dislikes, but is anyone getting a true 100 speed? I know it is better downrated, and in 5X7 I could care less if I rate it at 32. However, I am going to try it in 120 format handheld and my max aperture on mamiya 645 150mm is 3.5. So I am hoping there is a suitable soup to match the box rating, that won't detract from the inherent beauty of this much touted product. Anyone happily shooting at 100-125? Thanks in advance. Dave O'Connor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

FWIW, we're shooting acros roll film all the time. We don't have a darkroom, so the local lab develops for us. I assume they develop this film as a 100ASA, running it through a standard Fuji developing machine. Until now, we've been quite happy with the results. That is: I would not expose at 125 ASA and develop as 100ASA. Last week we forgot to reset the dial of our Profisix and exposed the film at 160ASA (duh...) and now we're having a bit of trouble getting anything decent from the overexposed negs. This depends if it's the shadowy details that are over-exposed or the overall image. - Shooting with the sun in your back makes it worse, but if there is lots of shadow in your image, it's still doable. Hope this makes sense to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Hi,

FWIW, we're shooting acros roll film all the time. We don't have a darkroom, so the local lab develops for us. I assume they develop this film as a 100ASA, running it through a standard Fuji developing machine. Until now, we've been quite happy with the results. That is: I would not expose at 125 ASA and develop as 100ASA. Last week we forgot to reset the dial of our Profisix and exposed the film at 160ASA (duh...) and now we're having a bit of trouble getting anything decent from the overexposed negs. This depends if it's the shadowy details that are over-exposed or the overall image. - Shooting with the sun in your back makes it worse, but if there is lots of shadow in your image, it's still doable. Hope this makes sense to you.

You mean underexposed, not overexposed......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blix@broadpark.no
    You mean underexposed, not overexposed......
    yup, you're right. Okay, everyone read: UNDEREXPOSED in our last post.

thanks blix.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the Massive Dev Chart at DigitalTruth...it looks like there are a number of combinations that will give you 100 with Acros. I know from recent experience that Acros in Diafine will give you 100 with no problem...and very nice negatives at that.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz
    Just wondering if many of you use Acros 100 film and what you like or dislike about it. Having read recent threads, I know many peoples favorite 100 speed films are Delta 100, APX 100, FP4 etc., but there is not much mention of Acros.

I have been using it for a year now and I am fairly happy with it in Tmax developer 1:4. Does anyone have alternative developing info for using Tmax at a weaker dilution or any experience souping this film in Rodinal or Rodinal Special? (apart from Digitaltruth.com)

Peter
    Because a fellow photographer (that is a good friend) recommended Acros, I just ordered some. He uses Xtol 1:1 because he has found that he can use full rated ASA (100 vs. ASA 64 as most use).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin