Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,925   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acros 100

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Acros 100

Just wondering if many of you use Acros 100 film and what you like or dislike about it. Having read recent threads, I know many peoples favorite 100 speed films are Delta 100, APX 100, FP4 etc., but there is not much mention of Acros.

I have been using it for a year now and I am fairly happy with it in Tmax developer 1:4. Does anyone have alternative developing info for using Tmax at a weaker dilution or any experience souping this film in Rodinal or Rodinal Special? (apart from Digitaltruth.com)

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Peter!

I love Acros and I do develop it in Rodinal. The key there is fairly slow/gentle agitation.

For the medium format (120mm) Acros, I soup it in Rodinal 1:50 @ 68 degF for 11.5 minutes. I agitate once every minute...doing like 4 slow twist-y figure "8"s at the beginning of each minute. I wonk it on the counter to disperse any pesky air bubbles each minute after the agitation.

Hope that helps! It's such a beautiful fine-grained film...almost delicate. I like it lots, too.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I use a lot of Acros (120). Rodinal 1+50, quite mild agitation, 13 min at 20 deg C. If you want big enlargements, Acros in Perceptol (or Moersch EFG) is good too.

The mid-tones can be beautiful.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Normal processing; 7 minutes 15 seconds, E.I. 50 in HC110 with a 1:66 dilution at 68F (70C).

Again it will depend on your lenses as well. This was tested on a Hassy setup so if you are using a different brand results will vary. You are really goin to have to test for zone 1 and zone 8 to get your EI and dev time.

But it is beautiful film.

Kev

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am real happy with Acros and develop it in Clayton F76+ Developer 1:19 for 8 minutes (64 ASA), Constant Agitation in BTZS Tubes @ 68F (20C). I can get from N-4 to N+4 with this dilution which makes the film/developer combo very versatile for me. Although, this is probably not very applicable to your MF situation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It`s great in Rodinal, XTOL, D76, Fuji Artdol and Pyrocat HD, and I love how it handles long exposures(no correction until 120 seconds, for longer times add 1/2 a stop!)

I just wish it could be a bit cheaper in loose 4x5 sheets....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Made a post about it with pyrocat about a week ago.

I'm pretty impressed with it and it's now my standerd iso100 film. Sharp, very very fine grain and gives good tonal separation. I rate it at EI80 and dev for 11mins at 20c in pyrocat 1:1:100.

Thinking of trying it in XTOL for low contrast situations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acros is my main b&w night photography film (along with HP5). It has outstanding reciprocity characteristics and that's what I like best about it. It seems to have nice graduated tones, and fine grain.

I've used it with D76 and Rodinal. I've experimented with all kinds of Rodinal dilutions and times (along with stand development), and for night exposures I've kind of settled on 1:75 at 70F for about 13 minutes with light agitation, and then let it stand for an extra 5-6 minutes.

I'm also experimenting with F76+, and I like the results on my first 3 120 rolls thus far.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Its interesting to get other peoples views.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lovely film with no grain so creamy as hell. Lacks acutance but souping in pyro devs sorts this out to an extent. No contest between this and TMAX100, which although the curves are supposed to be the same, looks plain souless for my money. I prefer trad films overall, but acros aint bad at all.......and it is in quickload at mucho££.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin