Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,240   Online: 739

Shooter
    Multi Format

Source for Ilford SFX in 120

Does anyone know a source for the now discontinued (or about to be discontinued) Ilford SFX in 120? I bought B&H's last 19 rolls. I know I'm the only one using the stuff, but surely that means there must be unsold rolls everywhere. I've tried all the local sources (in NYC) and nobody has any and are either unwilling to try to order it or automatically respond that it's been discontinued for months. I found one source for about 6 rolls, but at $6 per roll (versus B&H's $3) I didn't even ask them to look into more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you're desparate, you might try calling Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto, CA (650.327.8996). They had a couple of bricks of SFX-200 (both 35mm and 120) in the fridge last time I was there. That was back in February and they had raised the prices by about 50% though...good luck.

Oh, and BTW, if you do call, be prepared to be treated with disdane...these guys are not well known for being warm and friendly. Why is it like that with camera stores?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise

Oh, and BTW, if you do call, be prepared to be treated with disdane...these guys are not well known for being warm and friendly. Why is it like that with camera stores?
    I would certainly hope that if you called my store that you would not be treated poorly. I think my shop has an array of friendly people

btw we only have sfx in 35mm
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by panchromatic
    I would certainly hope that if you called my store that you would not be treated poorly. I think my shop has an array of friendly people
    Don't get me wrong. I've never been treated poorly at K&S. In fact, K&S and Calumet in the city are about the only two "camera" stores I'll dare to enter anymore. It seems the rest have either "gone digital" or, gone to the dogs.

All of the folks I've delt with at K&S have been professional and most actually know what they're talking about. A few of them are just really not what I would charaterize as warm and friendly. Maybe it's just me...

Crap...I gotta go. I don't want to miss the train....again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin